Salvage Pulse Correction

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The update has the following:

The default salvager now comes in bursts, but can me made a constant beam by combining it with a cannon.

How do I do that? I have tried adding cannon blocks to the salvage array, but it only operates in pulse mode. I do not like it, much preferred the previous method of salvage, where the beam would run continuously as long as there was power. I find pulse to be annoying. I realize this is a personal preferrence, but want to be able to have an option to build a steady beam - block combo or another block, perhaps expensive.

Tips or instructions from someone who can/has/knows how to do it is appreciated.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    same as the weapons system. Build 2 seperate systems of the same size, salvage and AMC. once done, set the salvage canon to control the AMC.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    same as the weapons system. Build 2 seperate systems of the same size, salvage and AMC. once done, set the salvage canon to control the AMC.
    Thanks, I'm not sure what you mean, but I will fool around with it.

Reaction score
    Thanks, I'm not sure what you mean, but I will fool around with it.
    Build a salvage computer. Place all your salvage beams. Build a cannon computer, place an equal amount of cannon modules (doesn't matter where, just build a block). Hit C on your salvage computer. Hit V on your Cannon Computer.

Reactions: mgwerner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Build a salvage computer. Place all your salvage beams. Build a cannon computer, place an equal amount of cannon modules (doesn't matter where, just build a block). Hit C on your salvage computer. Hit V on your Cannon Computer.
    I see. Got my wish, looks like. This'll be expensive....

Cheers!

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Salvage beam + cannon still generates a burst, the only difference is that the cooldown is equal to its duration. As long as the salvage beam is actively fired it workes like before, but after releasing the respective button it doesn't stop immediately but finishes the current cycle. In other words, it doesn't stop when I want it to stop. Additionally the beam becomes uncontrollable. Let's say I'm mining on the surface of a planet because I want to make a flat plane to build on, then I'll end up with lots of unwanted holes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Salvage beam + cannon still generates a burst, the only difference is that the cooldown is equal to its duration. As long as the salvage beam is actively fired it workes like before, but after releasing the respective button it doesn't stop immediately but finishes the current cycle. In other words, it doesn't stop when I want it to stop. Additionally the beam becomes uncontrollable. Let's say I'm mining on the surface of a planet because I want to make a flat plane to build on, then I'll end up with lots of unwanted holes.
    Well, that's no good. I guess I won't go to the expense of linking to cannon. I want it to stop when I release the button, for the same reason.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, that's no good. I guess I won't go to the expense of linking to cannon. I want it to stop when I release the button, for the same reason.
    Not linking won't help, the burst length and behaviour is the same, you'll just have to wait half the time for the salavge beam to go off cooldown.

Reactions: mgwerner
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What maybe could help is lowering the amount of modules per salvage array for this special 'landscaping' use.
    If I understood the descriptions correctly the amount of modules linked is of influence on the amount of damage, or, in the case of salvage beams, the number of blocks harvested / removed. Maybe there's a sweet spot to be found in this approach. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I personally don't find it too bad considering the insane lag produced by my mining array, meaning that I was already pulsing it.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What maybe could help is lowering the amount of modules per salvage array for this special 'landscaping' use.
    If I understood the descriptions correctly the amount of modules linked is of influence on the amount of damage, or, in the case of salvage beams, the number of blocks harvested / removed. Maybe there's a sweet spot to be found in this approach. ;)
    2 salvage blocks are already too many and mining with 1 takes ages. Of course this isn't a big issue, but it's annoying.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    At first I though you meant making a salvage pulse as in sending out a burst. On second thoughts that might not be such a bad idea.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    At first I though you meant making a salvage pulse as in sending out a burst. On second thoughts that might not be such a bad idea.
    Pulse just means that the beam is on for several seconds and then goes on cooldown for the same time (without cannon slave), once started it doesn't stop until the pulse period is over.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    So we can't have an expanding sphere of salvageness? I thought that was possible by using salvage beams as the slave, but I haven't really looked into it.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So we can't have an expanding sphere of salvageness? I thought that was possible by using salvage beams as the slave, but I haven't really looked into it.
    Pulse weapons only have that expanding sphere as primary systems. As slaves they strengthen projectiles and reduce the rate of fire.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I meant using the salvage beams as a slave, does that work?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I personally don't find it too bad considering the insane lag produced by my mining array, meaning that I was already pulsing it.
    Then you should use pulse slaves (or none at all if a 2.5s pause is enough)
    No slave: 2.5s burst - 2.5 cooldown (after burst, 5s total)
    100% pulse slave: 15s burst - 15s cooldown (but 6 times as much energy consumption)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I actually like the pulsing part of the salvage now. Well, almost.

There is this one bug, and it's very annoying (why, one click, why :confused:)