Salvage Cannons now Focus

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Since the fix to the Salvage Cannons in v0.153, the groupings of cannons now focus to a single block when the crosshair turns green. Is this meant to happen? 1200 beams aiming at 1 block is a bit pointless. They work normally (straight forward beams) when there is no block behind the crosshair.

Reaction score
    Exactly! The same is true for damage beams. Putting all that damage into one block won't help you destroy as many blocks as possible, convergence is not helpful.

The beams should stay parallel, they can point towards the green crosshair (One of the most central beams maybe) but the other ones should hit different blocks.

Reaction score
    Salvage beams I agree with. With damage beams I don't. Beams are meant to take out shields not blocks if you want to take out blocks use missiles

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Salvage beams I agree with. With damage beams I don't. Beams are meant to take out shields not blocks if you want to take out blocks use missiles
    That is somewhat False :u Missiles may be better for tearing out chunks, but beams would be much easier to hit with. There is no "best choice" :p

That aside, Its probably cause all beams are based off the same coding or something, Try Using Right click instead of Left click for unconverged fire.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If you right click, they should fire straight ahead rather than converge, unless that is broken. Enough said?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If you right click, they should fire straight ahead rather than converge, unless that is broken. Enough said?
    Right click does nothing for me in flight mode with the Salvage cannons selected (Salvage primary - AMC Seconday).

The convergence is still there for me in v0.154.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh, well huh. I guess that function was never added to beams because they never converged before. Surely they'll get around to it here soon.

Reaction score
    Convergence should never happen unless you are extremely close to the target, in which case it always should.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    An update on what I've discovered. Distance away makes no difference, unless you're out of range of what you are trying to salvage. The Convergence of the beams only happens when they are connected with a secondary system (Salvage Beam + AMC).

Another change (bug) with 0.154, Salvager beams with no secondary weapon system connected can not salvage anything at all. I've tried with 5 ships, online, offline. You get the animation that it's going to salvage, but no blocks are gathered or disappear. Tested on asteroids, non-factioned default stations and pirate ships with overheating cores.