Salvage Cannon Help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I found this game through the Yogscast's videos about it and I'm looking forward to getting into it. I had a play of it today and was enjoying it, however I tried to add a salvage cannon to my ship and it just isn't working for me.

I've added a salvage computer and two salvage cannons, which are linked to the salvage computer. When I enter my ship and select the salvage cannon on the hotbar and fire, I see the two white beams but they don't seem to destroy or mine any blocks, on rocks, stations or anything. Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Possibly a bug, or maybe your beams just aren\'t strong enough, I always put at least 4 in a line, and it seems to work fine.

Try that, if it doesn\'t work, it\'s a bug.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What tashdacat said is right: either it\'s a bug, or your beams aren\'t strong enough. A single cannon block by itself takes forever to mine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah yeah, I just tried again adding more cannon blocks behind the ones I had and it worked fine. I guess with the single block it was just taking so long that I couldn\'t notice it working. Many thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, I am having similar issues in that I am not getting any blocks back with my salvaging, destroying blocks just fine...

Reaction score
    You can\'t salvage ships or stations that have faction modules or intact ship core. Also if you are trying to salvage pirate remains on a \"battle field\", it often happens that your ship is on other sector than pirate ship. This misaligns the beam to not hit the block. Solution to that is move closer or to the other side of the ship