[Roleplay] Return to Eternia

Reaction score

A thousand years ago the great Eternian empire once spanned across the galaxy. It was large, powerful, and corrupt. Eternia was made when humans, home planet of Earth, first began space exploration. Eternia was a company, a vast and powerful one at that. They led space exploration and it wasn't long before they had a fleet. The governments of Earth signed a treaty with the powerful company (Unwillingly, because giant orbital cannons were pointed at their capitals, I may add) basically giving it full power over the planet. Eternia, a corporate government, then sent out conquering the galaxy planet at a time.
    A time came however, when the great prison ship Hail was destroyed and prisoners (which were wrongly convicted because they were deemed a threat) escaped. A rebellion ensued, unable to be stopped by the great and powerful government. The fight continued for a hundred years.
    Eternia, being pushed back to control of only one planet, gave it's last fight in the year 3512, unleashing a devastating warship upon the rebellion. This ship, the only Titan class, was equipped with a cannon specialized to destroying planets. The rebellions capital (Unprotected since the entire fleet was attacking the Eternian capital of Earth) was completely destroyed as Earth was conquered. The rebellion died with Eternia, neither able to sustain themselves after the war.
    The galaxy is currently in a time of peace. Various factions exist, although the most powerful is the Syndicate. The Syndicate is a peaceful trading faction which mostly just asks to be left alone, and treats it's citizens well. There is chatter however.. of Eternia returning. While the Earth is burnt and the empire long gone, the smoldering ashes of Eternia budge, suggesting a phoenix like revival. So what will you do to survive the impending invasion?

--What is RTE?--
    Back in the day, a year or so ago, I hosted what was once the most popular server on the forums. Eternia was a hard core roleplaying server that lasted for a decent amount of time before falling apart. This is an attempt to recreate this server.. One rich in atmosphere and lore. This time it allows for races other than human, although the others are currently to be determined.

--Current Races--
    Human - The generic jack-of-all-trades. Humans are decent at almost everything, and can become amazing at one or two various skills.
    Hieral - The Hieral are a smaller race of beings. They stand roughly three feet tall and possess a mind twice as powerful as a humans. Every member of the Hieral race are adept scientists and unique strategists (And it's said that the old Eternian empires most powerful general was one in disguise.)

--Current Factions--
    The Syndicate - The largest faction in the system and adept merchants. They provide a nice and safe living environment for their civilians. All merchant stations in the galaxy belong to the Syndicate and the Merchant guild is the military branch of the Syndicate.

--Rules--
    To be created

--Applications--

Race application (If you want to submit your own ideas for a race to be added.)
    Name of race:
    Currently a part of a faction or neutral:
    Home planet:
    Picture or description:
    History:

Faction application (While I'm not currently allowing faction leaders to begin construction on their bases and such, you can go ahead and create one to have it added to the main topic. Feel free to recruit people once it's accepted. Keep in mind there are only FIVE main faction slots open.)
    Name:
    Flag/banner:
    Priority (Mercenaries, merchants, goods production, et cetera. What are you good at):
    History:

--Interested? Want to join staff or help build?--
    I require all members of my staff to have skype or steam so I can instant message you if I need you, and vice versa if you need me. Any admins will be required to have a mic. If you would like to apply for a position to help create Eternia (Anything from moderators to builders (I mean like on planets) to ship designers) please message me on Skype or Steam, my name on both is Zamorak789. Anyone who was in the previous Eternia server will be given little gifts and such for returning. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
    Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    By Jove, do my eyes deceive me?
    Welcome back, Eterina. It's been a long time coming.

Application(Subject to change)
    Name: Sarah Armanovik (Whitelist is Sarah_Armanovik)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Profession: Privateer (Space Pirate)
    Bio: Born in the ashes of the Eterina/Rebel war, Sarah's family was dysfunctional. Her mother was a slave. Her father was a slaver. He took it upon himself to teach his offspring about the bounties of space and provide her with a "incentive" to go forth and be like him.
    Didn't go that way, though.
    The first time he let her lay hands on a gun, she shot him. She shot his first officer, and assumed command of the vessel, and freed all slaves.
    Despite being inherently evil due to how she was raised, she is not heartless.

Steam: kiokiokiokiode
    Email: [email protected]
    I would be interested in helping with moderation or building, i did help on Vivacitas when it was still up.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Eternia?! What is this witchcraft?! I never thought it'd be back!
    Anyway...

Prisoner Record: A.337-b
    Name: Friedrich Aachenheimer
    (Whitelist name: Friedrich_Lancer)
    Also known as: "Lancer" "Lance"
    Languages spoken: German (Deustch) and American English
    Occupation: Retired Brigadier General of the United States' space fleet, acting commander in chief of the GPO
    Detainment due to: The US fleet was a major opponent to our expansion. Even after being bought out, they continued privately. He is seen as a political enemy.
    Distinguishing Features
    Height: 6 feet, 4 inches
    Build: Medium
    Hair color: Blonde
    Eye color: Bright blue
    Race: White Human
    Nationalities: German
    Imprisonment File
    He has been kept in the dark as the the origin of the ship. He does not know we are Eternian. He does not seem to resist authourity except in circumstances regarding use of strategy, where he often says that the instructions are very inefficient or overcomplicated.
    Description File
    Born in Neu (New) Hamburg, Germany. He was an excellent student, being at the top of his class out of high school. He moved to America to go to college, majoring in tactics, biochemistry, and mathematics. After college, he attended a prestigeous flight school. After a two year term there, he entered a USON (United States Orbital Navy) Officer Academy. He graduated after three years. A few months later, he signed up for the USON. His starting position was as pilot commander of a small frigate, as a Junior Lieutenant. He soon rose to command of a light cruiser, at the rank of Captain. During one battle against an upstart force of French forces, he earned the nickname and callsign "Lancer" for his daring attack that penetrated an enemy formation that was pivotal to the victory. Approximately 2 years later, after an overwhelming force of insurgent-led frigates overpowered his ship, he was able to escape and land at the command of the armored cruiser Almighty, at the rank of Brigadier General. In a retaliatory strike against said insurgents, they were destroyed, but the Almighty had taken heavy damage. Later the same year, after emergency refits, Almighty was destroyed in port during a surprise raid by pirates and numerous suicide craft. After this, Friedrich resigned from the navy, after amassing a record of 12 frigates, 2 cruisers, 35 fighters, and 21 bombers destroyed while he was in command, with a further 7 frigates, 1 cruiser, 2 fighters, and 1 bomber damaged. This was for the loss of 1 frigate and the Almighty. After the loss of such a commander, the USON was bought out along with the rest of Earth. He wasn't particularly happy about the event, but doesn't seem to oppose Eternia after the event. End file.

Since you are starting over, I would be happy to help with anything from moderation to application scrutiny. I am free most of the time, unless it it a Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Steam is dman1791
    Skype is dman1792 as registered, appears as Dman1791- KSP Rocks!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    If only you knew how often I came searching through the forums, longing to see this thread - this... this truly feels like Christmas.

Application
    Name: Dimitri Rechkalov (white-list name is Rechkalov)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Profession: former Eternian agent/wanted war-criminal
    Bio: Major Rechkalov, former agent of Eternian Intelligence Services, spent most of his career on the outer Eternian colonies, and so he got to see the absurd circumstances their inhabitants had to live in first hand. As his job consisted mostly of infiltrating a number of smaller separatist factions, he didn't always have an ever-watching imperial officer behind his back, and got to do enough by-good by the citizens to somewhat soothe his conscience. Perhaps he would never have 'crossed to the other side' had he not been assigned to infiltrate a large-scale rebellion that began to form across the planets and locate their lair.
    Seeing the numbers and readiness of the rebels, it soon became clear to him that an all-out war was inevitable - and that the civilians, whose lives were already barely bearable, would suffer the most.
    With Eternian Empire ruthlessly exploiting the outer colonies on one hand, and an army of outraged radicals sworn to destroy everything the Empire stood for -and with that inevitably any resemblance of structure or society- on the other hand, agent Rechkalov found himself unable to stand with either of the sides.
    Exploiting his access to EIS resources and his connections among the rebels both, he attempted a silent coup; and, ultimately, failed.

The Ministry of Peace, the HQ of EIS, had vanished in an explosion in matter of hours after that.
    Allegedly, it was major Rechkalov and a handful of his accomplices themselves behind the destruction of their former base of operations, but there was no time for verifying this information with the war raging on, and after the tragic 'draw' between Eternia and the Rebellion, there were much greater issues at hand, and -the former agents having disappeared without a trace- the EIS attempt at taking control of things had eventually faded in people's memories.

I don't expect you to remember me, but - heck, I was there. More importantly, I fell in love with your server, and had found myself unable to get as immersed on any other; that being said, if there's anything I can help you with, I'd be more than happy to.
    Steam: Rechkalov
    Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hey guys. So like I said I'm not quite accepting applications yet, but I do enjoy reading everything. Everyone is welcome to spread the word. If you want to make contributions (Such as donate ship schematics or help build in server) feel free to contact me on Skype or Steam (My name on both is Zamorak789)
    I'm working hard on everything but it's hard to create an entire server by myself, ya know?
    Anyway, merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Galactic Paramilitary Organization

Focus: Mercenary work, lawful intentions

History: When affordable orbital fighting craft were first developed, it was obvious that a peacekeeping force would be needed to keep the balance. This force, created by the UN, was known as the OMF, Orbital Military Force. When interstellar craft capable of combat became available, the OMF broke off of the UN and became the now recognised GPO. Their main objective is to fight belligerents and criminals, being lawful in their intentions. The previous commander in chief was Hans Aachenheimer, and his son, Friedrich, was chosen as the new commander due to his impressive military record. He was able to work both his US Orbital Navy job as well as head the force. With the dissolving of the USON, Friedrich is now the full-time commander in chief. With the rise in availability of cheap, effective spaceship parts, the GPO is expected to grow as more and more people take to the stars.

Distinguishing Features:
    All militarised ships use black as the main hull color, with most having blue trimming, while some have red or yellow trimming. Those that have different color schemes are known to be owned by higher ranking members, with red being allowed only the the top of the chain of command. Noncombatant vessels are black with brown trimming or no trimming at all.

Current head: Friedrich Aachenheimer

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Taverner & Associates

History:
    Leo Taverner used to be the number one comedian of the Eternia, his company owning broadcast arrays allowing for coverage even of the furthest colonies - being a business man, Leo also eagerly engaged in trading with the planetary governments, and while he was never convicted, it was no secret he would deal in all sorts of goods, will little regard for their legal status.
    When the war came upon the empire, Leo was offered the deal of his life: Eternia paid him ridiculous amounts of money to use his influence for propagandistic purpouses, and while he certainly did so, he used the money the best way he knew how; playing it safe on both sides. That being said, a good deal of his provisions went into supplying the growing-in-strength rebel movement.

The war ended in annihilation of both of the struggling forces, leaving a power vacuum and a shattered infrastructure of once more or less functioning empire.
    Taverner recognized this opportunity for what it was.
    Using all of his resources -from ships over his broadcasting options to the remanining funds- he set to work, securing logistics between the planets, rebuilding what the war had left in pieces - (not all that) subtly turning an medial empire into a literal one.

Practical use:
    NPC/quests issuing faction controlling some of the stations throghout the galaxy, such as shops, medical centers etc. (blueprints in the making)
    Could be used to give a hand to some of the newer players, paying for delivery of goods and so forth, as well as for actual war-play later in the game (even more so if we wanted to pretend that the broadcast stations do present an asset worth fighting for)
    Plus, presents a faction introducing (yet another) moral gray area into the game, as while Taverner >is< sustaining many of the worlds that would have suffered greatly from the loss of contact with the rest of the civilisation, his goals -not to mention his methods- are above all practical, not ideological.

What I'm trying to get accross is: the man's a prick.