Return of the Crystal!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Id just like to see a feature re-added to the game (it used to be in starmade), but only added to one or so block type.
    The feature was that looking through glass/crystal would HIDE the beams from your view, and you would instead only see where they were hitting (great when mining).
    Currently mining just about burns my eyes out and its difficult to see exactly where im mining when my screens just a big white blur.

Thus, itd be great if ONE type of transparent material (anyone) could get this feature put back in.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i think that was actually a bug and i believe (haven't tested it) you can turn beams off in settings (i know not ideal)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448072737,1448072569][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Make it a sunvisor helmet instead. No need for a block.
    and this wouldn't work when in a core

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    That was a bug my friend that needed to be patched since players couldn't see where enemy damage beams were coming from.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why not add a colour-less beam light? Beams are white standard, use white lights on the beam computer to disable it???

Alternatively, an option to disable drawing of OWN beams when in a cockpit/camera-block/core/...

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Seeing as how I also prefer to have a camera in the middle of my mining array, I too am frequently blinded by the beams.

Instead of re-implementing a potentially hazardous to your health bug, what if we go the other way and modify the the transparency of salvage beams? Cut the opacity of salvage beams down to about 25% of what they are now and it would be a lot easier to mine as you could see both where the beams are pointing and what you're actually pointing them at.

Reactions: nightrune

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Or change the effect and make them just splice blocks apart and draw them in inverse-beam-direction to your module-output.
    They would not collide and rotate/move with your ship, because they are an effect. They could follow a Bezier-curve between their origin and module-output in higher graphic settings.

Reactions: TomW1605