Resources. How?

Reaction score
    How is it going to replenish itself? Is there any rules to it?

Please show details. I think updating the post "asteroid belts" would be nice.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm assuming your trying to figure out how to get the asteroid belts to respawn after you have mined them.

Assuming your playing single player, in your starmade folder there is a file called server.cfg in there is a setting called

ASTEROID_SECTOR_REPLENISH_TIME_SEC = 10 //seconds until a sector that is mined down to 0 asteroids is replenished (-1 = never)

If this is set to -1 then the belts will never respawn. Otherwise set it to a number of seconds and after all the asteroids in that sector are mined you need to leave it for that amount of seconds for the asteroids in that sector to respawn.

If you are playing on a multiplayer server it will depend on what the server administrator has it set to.

Reaction score
    Well, this is where I am a bit lost. If the NPC faction has to mine their resources, it will run out at some point, right? But that will just lead to the galaxy losing all of its resources. This is not really fun to play, is not it?

Also, Schine mentioned about replenish rates. If they mentioned about it, there has to be a new system that might work in a different way.

Reaction score
    Well, this is where I am a bit lost. If the NPC faction has to mine their resources, it will run out at some point, right? But that will just lead to the galaxy losing all of its resources. This is not really fun to play, is not it?

Also, Schine mentioned about replenish rates. If they mentioned about it, there has to be a new system that might work in a different way.
    It means that you can't just sit in one sector forever. It incites expansion. But yes, a universe with one galaxy you will eventually run out of resources. However, the resource pools are only drained in NPC faction territory, so they have to have every sector.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My understanding of it was the asteroids if set to respawn would do so as well so the NPCs would also have belts that respawn if the server was setup this way.