Replace group function in advace build mode.

Reaction score
    I have a number of ships I'd like to make weapon combo variations of but find it becomes rather time consuming with larger ships and thought it might be helpful if the advanced build mode could be updated to allow the replacement of a contiguous area of the same block to be replaced with another block type to speed up the refitting process.

Bonus points if it warns you that you don't have enough of the replacement block to fill the area.

Additionally the ability to simply remove a section of contiguous blocks of a single type would be nice for when pulling out a weapon/effect group to split.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like the ability to paint your hull surface without having to worry about replacing doors or how you change the shape of it.
    => The ability to just remove a wedge for a wedge of another color (keep orientation bits) etc.
    Box dim X/Y should define how large an area you remove ( only visible layers) while Z defines how deep.​

Another thing which might be similar is to have a first/second/tertiary color on ships which you can replace by any other like you could do with weapons in arrays.

But also like just the OP