Repair reboot seriously is flawed

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I got a bit to close to a star and I have about 10 peaces of armor I needed to replace and 1 cannon module.

The ship warns I need to reboot. So ok I reboot. Now it tells me I can't replace the armor and it count I have to go to a shop first and do repairs there. That isn't bad enough though. I have to get out get in each and all 16 turrets even those without damage to make any effectual repairs or even changes. Seriously?

Ok, I designed and built the ship. I made the parts for it.

That would be like me designing and building a car then having to take it to Chevrolet or Ford for repairs!
    You do get how utterly messed up that is? I hope.

I'm not sure why this was implemented if it was just to get people to spend money or make armor repair easier. Either way it fails miserably. I really appreciate most the updates and work you guys do but this stays in I quit unless something is done to fix it.

If you want us to spend money at a shop put some stuff in the shop we can only get their and maybe not in a large quantity so we have to go around looking for it some.

If it was about making life easier. Here is a few hints to actually make it.
    First, reboot should never ever be forced unless the core overheated.
    Secondly, going to a shop for repairs should be optional - we built and designed it we should be able to knock a few dents out and fix the paint! It certainly should not be required unless the core overheated.
    Third, at the least all turrets should be rebooted at the same time and when you effect repairs all turrets should be included.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    You're able to place blocks and armor just fine without rebooting if you're damaged.

However, if you add blocks to a damaged ship, you increase its maximum HP without increasing its current HP, and if you remove blocks from a damaged ship, you reduce its current HP without increasing its maximum HP.

This is specifically set up so that it's impossible for a person to simply place bricks of material on their ship mid-combat (as I've seen people do in the past) to make their ship last longer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    (It isn't forced, I flew half way back to my homebase before I told the ship to reboot so I could avoid danger)

Secondly, going to a shop for repairs should be optional - we built and designed it we should be able to knock a few dents out and fix the paint!
    (Go to your own shipyard and break down and rebuild the ship)

It certainly should not be required unless the core overheated.
    (Again its not forced, just learn to use a shipyard)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    (It isn't forced, I flew half way back to my homebase before I told the ship to reboot so I could avoid danger)

Secondly, going to a shop for repairs should be optional - we built and designed it we should be able to knock a few dents out and fix the paint!
    (Go to your own shipyard and break down and rebuild the ship)

It certainly should not be required unless the core overheated.
    (Again its not forced, just learn to use a shipyard)
    I mean having to reboot just to do minor repairs shouldn't have to be done till the ship has over heated.

Going to your ship yard for minor repairs when it is on the literal opposite side of the galaxy isn't reasonable!

I actually like to go out and travel and not play in my back yard. Being that a shipyard isn't sometimes anyways even the least bit convenient to fly back to it is absurd. But hey for those people who like to only play in their backyard I get it it isn't a bother.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1444695531,1444695118][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You're able to place blocks and armor just fine without rebooting if you're damaged.

However, if you add blocks to a damaged ship, you increase its maximum HP without increasing its current HP, and if you remove blocks from a damaged ship, you reduce its current HP without increasing its maximum HP.

This is specifically set up so that it's impossible for a person to simply place bricks of material on their ship mid-combat (as I've seen people do in the past) to make their ship last longer.
    It would have just made more sense to lock out block placement while under combat. After all the have a combat flag in the program already all they have to do is link it to the block placement system. Makes a million times more sense. It also would have been far less of an issue to program.

In fact lets look at how much more difficult this is verse what I said. They already check for a key press and what mode the person is in current build mode vs flight mode. It would take a condition statement there to make the change. How about when placing a block not in build mode and they are in their suit just floating around. They click a button to place a block. Hmm again a condition statement exists just add the flag check to both. Simple no one can place blocks in combat. Where as who knows how many lines of code this probably took.

Last edited: