Remove the ability to agree with a post

Reaction score
    So there's both the ability to agree with and like a post, but it would make a lot more sense if there was only one of the two so a good post doesn't get a mixture of the two

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Say you read a shipyard thread, you cant "agree" with that, but you can like it.
    Say you read a suggestion or statement, you can just like it, or you can agree with it to show that you support it.

Makes sense?

Last edited:
    Reactions: BraveSteelDragon

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Generaly I use Agree with I agree with everything in a post. Liking is when I only agree to parts of it or otherwise sounds weird to "agree" to.

"Hey check out my new ships!" /Agree. Doesn't make sense, eh?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    When do we ever use the Friendly rating?
    I've actually been using it for the past month or so. Mostly for posts that you can't quite give a rating to, but are nonetheless friendly and positive, like when a person says thanks for help, or is genuinely trying to help or offer advice.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I though informative was for people who help you and the chat is where most people ask for help.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I though informative was for people who help you and the chat is where most people ask for help.
    You can be helpful without being informative, such as in shipyards, where you may help people who have builder's block or something. Depends entirely on the context and what you feel the buttons mean.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Generaly I use Agree with I agree with everything in a post. Liking is when I only agree to parts of it or otherwise sounds weird to "agree" to.

"Hey check out my new ships!" /Agree. Doesn't make sense, eh?
    Well You agree that this is his new ship xD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I disagree it isn't his ship wait there is no disagree :(. :rolleyes:this can be the new disagree

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    -/Agree is for situations where you fully support somebody. Adding your voice to it.
    ,^,, Like, if a user has added something you approve.
    "Undo rating" is for the case of edits :D​

(i) Informative if somebody adds a new info. Something you haven't heard before.
    . . . Useful is good for posts where somebody answered a newbie-question. Something which can be easily found if you know SM for a month.

´v` Friendly if somebody answered your question or is polite to somebody were most peoples would have raged.
    :DFunny is either
    1. WTF-Why?
    2. I laughed
    3. I can't take your stuff seriously (some form of shiny dislike)

I think we should have the whole smiley-selection for rating. Or perhaps just:
    1. :rolleyes:rolleyes -> Why again this suggestion?
    2. o_OEr... what? :confused:Confused -> would be useful sometimes. forawallofbrainwash.
    3. :eek:Eek! -> A pretty disagree to take some weight from the Funny-rating.

Perhaps it was just the dislike-X-Symbol which was too intimidating.