Remove Docking (Reverse of Create Docking)

Reaction score
    The Docking category in the build tools only has Create Docking, allowing you to create a new ship with Rail Docker + Core and dock it to a rail without leaving build mode. That, combined with MMB to switch between docked entities makes rail contraptions really easy to make. SO USEFUL.

Create Docking is wonderful, but it only solves half of the problem.

If you want to remove a docked entity, you have to switch to it, then delete every block (including the rail docker holding the ship in place), then delete the core. You are now in astronaut mode, and have to get back to a build block. I was thinking, there should be a button in the Docking category of build mode that would make this simpler. The process would be:
    1. Switch to docked ship
    2. Remove every block except for Ship Core and Rail Docker (Including anything docked to this ship)
    3. Press remove docking
    4. Confirm your decision
    5. Docked entity is removed
    6. User is automatically put into build mode of parent entity
    This would make building (and removing) rail contraptions much easier.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Or you couldtarget/select the rail or turret axis and click remove docked entity and/or chain. Then you wouldn't need to swap between docked entites.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As long as it isnt easy to do by accident this would be quite useful. Currently I have to use dev commands to delete each seperate entity that is part of the docked object.