Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Bloody awful!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's self-explanatory, the crystal blocks look amazing, yet I hate the fact that they have all got a buttonize effect that seems to be a standard Photoshop effect. So whenever I have lot's of adjacent crystals, it just doesn't look as good as it could.

This image clearly shows the buttonize effect, having just the crystal texture would look far better.

This image shows how bad it looks in a group. From a distance on a large ship, it would work, but on my small mining ship, it really doesn't.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    While that is true, usually putting large sheets of crystals on anything is a bad idea. Large, homogenous, glowing surfaces rarely look good (neither as weapon outputs nor as engines), and you will almost always be better off by using white hull + colored lighting (or colored hull and white lighting).

Reaction score
    While that is true, usually putting large sheets of crystals on anything is a bad idea. Large, homogenous, glowing surfaces rarely look good (neither as weapon outputs nor as engines), and you will almost always be better off by using white hull + colored lighting (or colored hull and white lighting).
    Mostly true, but the OP is saying that he would like to see them more aesthetic to place together

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Eh, sheets of ice crystal look fine when used properly. The only issue with the others is texture.

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    +1 I like ice crystal because they have no lines. I can't see how this would break anything.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I recall crystals being made like this because they are 'processed', not cut from a slab (Ice crystal spawns naturally, so it should look different).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ice crystals can be manufactured from 10 ice blocks. I'd prefer to see sheets. We could add a "rough" variety that doesn't have these edges.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I would love this for the fact that many like to make thrusters out of crystal to make custom pseudo-plums. The only thing I could do to make a plum is make lava trails, which look right, but does not have color variety.