Remote Rail Logic Issue

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have been trying to create a system for a new version of my Logic Airlock that detects docked entities and triggers the doors to open.

Due to space/visual constraints, I am unable to place the activation module next to the actual rail itself due limited space and that screwing up the visuals (not least of which is a new integrated adapter where that would seriously not be possible), so I attempted to utilize remote rail connection. I slaved each rail to a seperate activation module which are then tied into an OR-gate, thus not breaking any logic rules that I am aware of.

The problem is that it seems to be broken. The activatiom modules must be "primed" on, and then will detect when the docker is no longer on the rail, but will not detect upon docking like it's supposed to, and must be turned on manually each time. This does not appear to be an issue with wireless modules as this occurs not only on the adapter but on the main body of the build as well.

Obviously this situation is not ideal in the slightest. Should I just give up and find some way of placing the activation modules next to the rails and hiding them, or is there a fix?

The circuit is as follows:
    Rail into Activation Module
    AM into OR-Gate
    (From the adapter pieces, this is tied into a linked pair of Wireless Blocks that then link into the above OR-Gate on the main vessel)
    OR-Gate into two seperate OR-Gates that take input from rail-timer as well and then opens the appropriate door.

Last edited:

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    A workaround is to have the invisible pickup rails move the ship off the rail dock and back onto it. The rail speed controller's activation module is turned off when the activator remote-linked to the rail dock turns on stopping it from looping.
    Looks a bit strange when docking but works. Might look better at less than max speed or just slowing down when it's moving back towards the dock.
    The pickup rails interfere a bit with the angles the rail dock can be hit at.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will try it.

EDIT: March 4, 2024: I didn't try it as I realized the docking rails had a problem with the setup. I am using logic to align rails in all 4 directions. This would require pickup rails coming off in all 4 directions, which would make docking impossible with this setup unless convoluted pickup areas were used. This would require additional logic to control and the integrated adapter would require pickup rails/areas as well, and the logic to keep some on and some off depending on which is deployed would be a pain.

Think it's best I hold off on automatic docking detection for now due to this. Ty again for your help.

Last edited: