Remote Controlled Doors, Extra Action Slots and Sequences!

Reaction score
    I've been thinking of ways to improve the game while not adding new exploits.

Firstly: Plexdoor Controllers.

These blocks would resemble the weapons computer, and would allow linking and remote activation of Plexdoors identically to how weapons computers interface with AMCs. This would have both roleplay (seal bulkheads in the case of a hull breach) and gameplay (open all hanger doors or close the casing around the core) advantages.

Next up, we have: Command Stations.

Command Stations would require several slight changes to implement so I shall explain those first. First off, shields consume 1% of their recharge power cost every second to remain functional, and can be turned off to save power. Thrusters can also be disabled if extra power is needed at the cost of manuverability. Now, command stations are similar to cores, in that actions can be assigned to the number buttons within them, the structure tab can accessed within them and they are something to be protected. However, no changes to docked ships can be made in a command station's structure tab, they cannot be used to pilot the ship and they can themselves be assigned to the slots of the core (or another command station). If a command station is assigned to a key via the weapons menu, it would show a list of what is in turn assigned to it, in order, with input boxes separating each sub-assignment. These boxes would allow a number of seconds to be input, such that, upon the command station being triggered, it would activate in order the sub-assignments with the specified delay. This could be chained, resulting in a barrage control that disabled shields and thrusters to power all the ship's weapons at once, or an 'undock all' button, or simply a command that opens a door, fires a gun then closes the door again.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Awesome.

I already thought about remote-controled flex-doors.

You can make a hull of flexes and get 2x or 3x the shield power for an equal number blocks (the hull below the flexes is a docked ship.

Maybe you can make a ship made of flex doors, move to the enemy and close all -> trapped.

But it would be fun to make a barrier with water around your planet, make a flex-door and remotely open it without leaving your ship.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes... This combined with my idea (http://star-made.org/content/chairs-and-viewscreens Yay for shameless self-advertising!), Shipyards, the new weapon combinations, larger and better planets, and multiple NPC factions, would pretty much finish the game for me. (Yes, in other words, Star Trek.)

...But by the way, activator blocks (aka remote-control PlexDoors, lights, etc.) are already planned. I\'d like to see some kind of \"trigger block\" that works as basically a full-block pressure plate, but it\'s not really necessary.

Reaction score
    I\'m glad you enjoy my suggestion! However, the main section of my idea is that you can have other slotsto add computers etc so that they can be used. For example: Being able to fire a swarm of missiles is nice, but it would be nice if, when the fire command is given, a group of AMCs fire just before hand to drop the enemy shields, and having all your fighters docked would save on friendly fire concerns. Also, I like your suggestion!