Regenerating Beam

Reaction score
    At the moment we have the Astro-Tech beam who repairs damaged parts of the ship.

But my ship for example has many layers of cannons, and i think im not the only one.
    So, a direct hit on one of thos arrays will destroy parts on the inside too...have fun looking for the missing part!

Most of the time i need to delete a whole part of my ship and rebuild it completely, very annoying, very time intensive.
    So, what about a Regenerating Beam, that will slowly regenerate your ship from the core to the outside?
    Sounds very OP, i have to admit that, so maybe it can just be a service at shops? or new neutral repair-bases? You will pay a amount of credits (much lower than the replacing would cost), then you stay there for a while until they fixed you up?

Reaction score
    The best thing we got currently is saving our ship before we fly it off to battle. Then after battle deleting the entire ship, selling the parts and buying it again.

However, I agree in the future some form of practical armor repair will make for more diverse ship building.

Reaction score
    and everytime our ship is damage we buy a new one, and get more and more parts from our old ship?
    not really usefull in my opinion. saving a ship in case of the total annihilation or core destruction - usefull, but not for repairs.