Bug Rebindable numpad. (Crashes)

Reaction score
    Hey I was wondering if at all possible if devs could look at making the numpad correctly mappable.

I am left handed and use the numpad keys over the wasd ones in every game I play.
    Problem is when I rebind them they seem to get double mapped.
    Meaning while navigating in build mode I end up with the game cycling through systems leaving white dots in the shape of the last selected system in random places even after I have exited build mode.

Another thing is seems to cause is if I enter build mode with just a ship core and press forward (numpad 8) the game crashes. It will do so until I have certain blocks or systems added. Like say have to add a few power blocks and thrusters to prevent it, meaning often the game crashes on me when I am using a spawned core to shuttle about, mostly due to the game always seeming to default to build mode when you enter a core.

If this could be addressed it would be greatly appreciated, or if someone knows how I could rebind the keys normally associated with the numpad.

Reactions: Nexusdog
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The numpad with num lock on is bugged in build mode and will crash the game a lot. If you really want to use the numpad like me, you can do so with num lock off only. This is a bug ticket in for this already.

A lot of the num pad keys get mixed in with the arrow controls that gets used for a lot of things at the same time. You will have to go through most of the key bind settings and change a lot of them. For instance up also I think sets the active controller to core in build mode. Making it impossible to link stuff in build mode to computers since it resets to core selected. You will need to carefully remap a lot of controls.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    AFAIK the numpad is also used for debugging-features, which obviously aren't kept as bug-free as the rest of the game(as they are only supposed to work in certain situations). Last time I checked they also cannot be rebound, making it impossible to use the numpad, except for entering numbers in a dialog.
    The best you can try would be using I,J,K,L,U,O as W,A,S,D,Q,E replacements. You will have to rebind all 'standard' uses of those keys though.

Reaction score
    Yeah happy to do the rebinds and have tried previously but commands still seem to be stuck to the numpad. But I shall try again when I have some time.
    As for turning numlock off, for some reason that always seems to disable my ability to even use the numpad in pretty much every game I have ever played.

"I,J,K,L,U,O as W,A,S,D,Q,E replacements."

Yeah that layout won't work for me just not a fan of having controls amongst a bunch of keys like that. I guess worse case scenario I'll have to just stick with how it is and work around it as I currently do. I just have to always have my controls on the numpad unless a game specifically prevents me from rebinding it. (thankfully a very rare thing.)
    Just for me it's much more natural and fluid to have my games controls there, suits my hand and key binds perfectly.

Appreciate the input, thanks.