Reactor help (not sure if bug or my own mistake)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So if I understand correctly, increasing the box dimensions increases reactor. As a side note to this, increaseing any dimension is equal. For example, using 4 blocks to make the classic axes shape is the same as using 4 blocks in a straight line. Small scale testing seems to confirm this. Now where I am having issues is with a large row of power lines. I had approximately 5 lines 160 blocks long giving me 1 to 1.1 million energy regen. The thing is, I tried to near double this by adding another 8 lines, all 160 blocks long again, but now I am only receiveing a total of 1.2 million energy regen. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Help would be appreciated :/

From what I can tell, I have somehow lost the amount of power I am getting per block. Where you start with 200 per on a basic ship (and it appears not to decrease) I am now only getting 20 per block. This is also odd because similiar sized ships seem to get alot more regen than I am.

Edit: It appears I am actually no longer benefitting from the box dimensions at all, on my large ship I am getting the same energy regen out of a 2x2 box as a 4x1 line... ugh.

Reaction score
    the regen bonus from making large reactors caps at 1 million energy regen. after that it can only go up by 25 for each new reactor block you add.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    oh i see, that makes sense then. Guess its time for the good ole block then :P