RAM requirements for game?

Reaction score
    Hi there. I have returned to StarMade after nearly 1 year away from it. Back then, it played just fine on my MacBookPro that is stuck with only 4 GB of RAM.

In practical terms, OS X uses about 1.33 GB for itself, so I actually only have 2.66 GB available for programs. I'm sure the game has progressed since then, so my question is: will that little RAM still be enough for the StarMade of today and beyond? Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm on a 10 year old toaster, with like... Idk, about 1gb of ram left for Starmade :D According to my friend K10wN, this laptop defies all logic by even RUNNING the game; the oldest is apparently meant to be 8.5 years for working systems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm on a 10 year old toaster, with like... Idk, about 1gb of ram left for Starmade :D According to my friend K10wN, this laptop defies all logic by even RUNNING the game; the oldest is apparently meant to be 8.5 years for working systems.
    This thread is from april. Seriously?
    Anyway, RAM doesn't matter a lot after a certain point (your CPU and GPU are way more important). I'd generally not assign more than 4 GB to starmade (the maximum memory usage value). Reason: The CPU probably can't handle more anyway.

Minimum is seriously minimum, with that minimum being 2 GB.
    Keep in mind that 32 bit systems can't assign more than 1024 MB to java.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This thread is from april. Seriously?
    I only found out about the thread like... practically right before I commented. So yeah... give me a break, dude. not everyone goes trundling through the Dock looking at all the info. Heck I just search up what I need and that's it >_>

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Not what I said at all. I said your laptop couldn't be 10 years old, but 8.5yrs old because of the hardware that's in it. 2005 era laptop (not 2004).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Not what I said at all. I said your laptop couldn't be 10 years old, but 8.5yrs old because of the hardware that's in it. 2005 era laptop (not 2004).
    Well according to my mom (who bought it) the computer was nearly 10 years old like 2 years ago.

On an unrelated (ish) note, I can't get a fighter blueprint to upload to the server. Any clue as to why it might not work? Cos I'm starting to think that i actually have to quite literally get one of the templates I used to make it to be able to actually have one of it on the server >_> Cos on the server I built it on the blueprint doesn't work either.