Read by Council Rail Rotator : rotate - stop - reverse

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Use for hatch covers, doors and so on.

Rotator when activated turns to set point (90-180-270-360), stops, second activation reverses the rotation back to starting point

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can do this with logic. That's why there's clockwise and counter clockwise rotators.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Here you go:
    Yeah ... I get that you can do it with enough logic .... however, that being said, too much logic is becoming a problem on some servers, huge logic arrays causing lag.

Reducing the logic for rotate/reverse to a rotator block, 3-4 rotation limiters and a button for something to be used in a item as common as a hatch or door was my ultimate goal.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yeah ... I get that you can do it with enough logic .... however, that being said, too much logic is becoming a problem on some servers, huge logic arrays causing lag.

Reducing the logic for rotate/reverse to a rotator block, 3-4 rotation limiters and a button for something to be used in a item as common as a hatch or door was my ultimate goal.
    What if I want it to keep rotating? What if I want to change the angle? How do I do that with your proposal?

Seriously, the amount of logic you need for a hatch is pretty minimal. 5 logic blocks and two rotaters (excluding the one used for the door) is all you need to have a hatch that can be toggled with a button to open/close.