rail docker rotating with actavation block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just noticed on one ship I built, I accidentally linked a rail docker and an activation block. Now when the activation block is active, the docker faces the proper direction, when it however is NOT on the docker rotates 90 degrees so that its face is toward the front as opposed to down.

I'm wondering if this is a bug that has been noted, if its a new bug, OR if its just me for some reason. Anyone else have this block behavior?

OH and this is on SP not MP.

Update: it wasn't just "connected" as I disconnected it and experienced the same issue. Turns out that because a computer (think it was damage beam) was sitting on top of it, when it was firing it caused the issue. After moving the docker away from computers it worked fine.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I've been around, just not used docking as much. Are rail dockers supposed to do that? seems strange. I'm not talking about rail rotaters. the actual docker on the ship that is the point at which it will dock to something rotates its face due to a computer above it firing. Also not talking about the rails that can have their direction changed. used that a bunch. But the actual "rail docker" block.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I've been around, just not used docking as much. Are rail dockers supposed to do that? seems strange. I'm not talking about rail rotaters. the actual docker on the ship that is the point at which it will dock to something rotates its face due to a computer above it firing.
    oh,rail docker,i misread the first time. hmm rotating on a docker? hmm,dont know if thats a feature or a bug. probably a bug. I played a lot with them and never had it do that. maybe the latest bugfix did something

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Seen rails flip when told to undock something last time I messed with forcing an undocking of my splitter drones.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well the Rail and the Rail Docker both have their own face and direction, are the two aligned or does one of them have a different direction?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    well there is only the docker on the ship Kenshkrix. The docker can dock with the rail on my tiny 3 block station. BUT ONLY when the damage beam above it is on. if it turns off (after the first time firing it) the face of the docker rotates 90 degrees. which is very odd. I worked around it by just moving the docker by 1 block, so that it was no longer under the computer. Moving the computer would have had the same result. I am wondering if it has to do with some function in the block logic of ether/both of these blocks that cause them to interact when they should not.

I should also note that the beam only fires from an activation block.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What the OP is describing is the Rail Docker block flipping 90 degrees when an ON logic signal is applied to it. I believe this is a bug, but might be useful. Note that this does NOT undock the entity, but when it is flipped 90 degrees the entity usually cannot dock because of clipping problems with the new orientation or the Dockers face is adjacent to another block preventing it from functioning.