Rail Collision Detection Module (a fix for bench's module)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    After a recent release of a Rail Detection module designed by Bench, I decided to do some testing myself. The results I found however did not surprise me. His module simply did not work as demonstrated when tested. When hooked up exactly as he had shown, the modules emitted an undetectable pulse that caused the rails to automatically come to a stop. A simple demonstration of what happened can be found here.

In the Gif linked, I have a flip flop connected to the or output of what emits a signal when there is a stuck rail entity. According to Bench's video on his module these errors should not be happening. What is causing this error is how starmade calculates logic (in batches vs gate by gate in the real world), an unfortunate handicap on logic creations.

On Servers that have good performance you should see no problem with Bench's version. However, on singleplayer mode on computers that are potatoes (like mine) and in multiplayer on poorly performing servers, his version will probably not work probably.

As a word of caution, try out bench's version at your own risk. I cannot guarantee that it will work 100% of the time. While slightly more complex than Bench's version, my version of the Module should work all the time, even on poorly performing computers and servers.

The download link to my version can be found here

Last edited: