Recognized Rail Basic Wedges

Reaction score
    I don't know if this idea is already been posted, but i am just going to throw this out. The idea that I thought about was the railing wedge blocks. In my opinion the railing was a great update to the game, but I have experimented with the system a lot. I see the railing wedges adds a smoother circulation to ships and space stations. The general use I see in it would be parts if a entity that makes loops around the ship/station and not look really bad when the parts start making really sharp turns. A example being the Babylon 5 series with its spinning space station and their destroyers as seen below. This would to me, improve on allowing moving parts on the railing to have a less blocky look to them definitely on themed ships.

If this idea has already been posted, please feel free to delete this one.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For the record, if you want to make spinning things, you can place a rail rotator (either direction) and link it to 9 activation blocks. When you dock to it, it'll spin forever.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    For the record, if you want to make spinning things, you can place a rail rotator (either direction) and link it to 9 activation blocks. When you dock to it, it'll spin forever.
    This and you can out a button on the bottom and link them to eachother, pressing the button starts an endless loop. You can also use the activation blocks to define how many degrees the rail will turn the docked entity! :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm pretty sure Bench said that diagonal rails wouldn't work very well when things crossed from standard dimensions to diagonals.

You can already make a diagonal rail pretty easily right now with a little rotator trickyness.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I'm pretty sure Bench said that diagonal rails wouldn't work very well when things crossed from standard dimensions to diagonals.

You can already make a diagonal rail pretty easily right now with a little rotator trickyness.
    This and you can use the new pickup rails and such to transfer entities from one entity to another (such as a rail docked to a 45' rotator), the only thing in your way is the 4 second wait. ;)

Reaction score
    A example being the Babylon 5 series with its spinning space station and their destroyers as seen below. This would to me, improve on allowing moving parts on the railing to have a less blocky look to them definitely on themed ships.
    DarkWraith, as others have mentioned, you can get a nice smooth orbiting effect with just using a rail rotation. The key is to slow it waaaay down, and have the object on the end of it far enough away that it doesn't look like it's on a rail.

Here's an example of a patrolling destroyer doing just that.