Radios

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Basicaly a stackable radio block which can transmit your voice to ships within range,longer range means more interference.

like normal headsets but with a range and abilitie to set to faction only.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve seen this suggested for other games, and it cannot possibly work. I\'ll list why:

Players in the same room talking to eachother will not use them, giving them an advantage with their radio-free ships.

Players using a voice-over IP service, such as Skype, will bypass the protection and get an advantage

Players calling eachother with cell phones or land lines can talk directly.

Etc.

Basically, there are so many other ways to communicate that there is no way to make regulating in-game communication possible *unless* you plan on gaming in a fixed building where the people have pre-programmed the consoles you\'re using to only have the functionality they have, the rooms are soundproofed, and your cell phones are taken away upon entering.

I don\'t do that, nor do I plan to, so... yeah. Not worth the dev time or server resources to impliment.

The caveat is that having in-game communication to do game-specific things (communicate with an in-game friends list, anyone nearby, or specific faction) would be good. You just can\'t limit that communication in any way or players will find ways around it, and you probably can\'t require it to take any blocks or they won\'t use it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i get what your trying to do but most gamers user programs like team speak or game chat. nobody wants to be spamed verbally by someone with a dogie headset while trying to get people to join his or her faction.

sorry mate but its not something i would vote for.