Radar Jammers

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've noticed a lot if people being sniped from thousands of ethers away by evil pirate stations, and Aceface's video of him shooting people from far away. I've decided to make this friendly PSA reguarding radar jammers.

Seriously people, use them. They're cheap and take very little power and space. But they provide a huge tactical advantage in both PVP and PVE. PVP because enemy players can't detect you unless they can physically see you, and missiles can't lock onto you. PVE because it decreases the AI accuracy.

However, a way to. counter then is scanners. If you get close enough and fire off a scanner, it decloaks and unjams anything near you. Then try and lock on with a missile. Or EMP beams if your ship has them. Once the enemy power reaches zero the radar jammer turns off.

Radar jammers: use them.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    How do they even work? It's just a computer now and I can still see my ship (cloak) with full power

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You scroll to the very bottom of the weapons menu, even below the docking. Assign it to a slot and click it like any other weapons. It should be green when that happens. When you exit the core it automatically turns off, same with cloakers. In build and flight mode anyone in a core or computer can see the ship.