Radar Jammer Bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a ship(submarine) that should be able to constantly run the radar jammer, my power isn't even dented while it's running. Though for some reason the jammer seems to shut down randomly even when i'm not doing anything.

I thought something could be instantly draining all my power causing the jammer to shut down but I have no systems on board that should be able to do that. I have minimal shielding, 4 dumbfire launchers and an engine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have the same problem.

But it may not be a bug but a mechanic?

I could get them to both perma work, and then I increased the size of my ship (with enough power blocks). And now can\'t maintain both cloaking or jamming at the same time, only one of them.

Maybe there is an amount of blocks the jammer can handle?

I\'ll try to add more jammer blocks and let you know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, with more than one cloacker or jammer, it doesn\'t even activate anymore.

With only one module, I can keep either permanent cloaking OR permanent jamming, but not both at the same time. With a slightly smaller ship (402.3 mass) now I coudl get both permanently.

Also, another thing I noticed is that the jammer doesn\'t remove your ship from the navigation menu, which I expected it would. Is it desired behaviour or a bug?

Anyone else knows anything about this?

Reaction score
    Note that your ship signature isn\'t just visible on your end in the navigation window - anyone can see cloaked / jammed ships there , and follow them using distance alone. It seems rather broken.

Reaction score
    same here.

With the introduction to StarMade 0.09376: Economy, Performance & UDP my cloak and jamming ramdomily turns off by themselves. More offen it is the cloaking will turn off than the jamming (however it does it too). I see it when i change corse and or move inbetween sectors. It seem to happen more offen when I\'m in my bigger cloaked ship which runs around +1000 blocks. In a smaller ship it happen like every 3 or four sectors before i need to re-activate it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This was happening for me prior to that update, but I can also say, it was for me also chiefly with larger ships rather than smaller ones, even if I had more than enough power to run the cloak as well as engines.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cloak and jammer deactivate or refuse to activate all the time for me on many different servers. However, they work fine in SP.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Cloaking and jamming seem to automatically turn off every time a server has a major hickup. The automatic save and lagspikes will do that.

Cloaking will turn you visually invisible, and radar jamming will remove your radar signature.

Furthermore, some ships (especially ones above 100-150 mass) are too heavy for their own power to sustain cloaking/jamming, and those systems automatically shut down once the power is drained.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think the bug is related to power storage

My ship was permacloak/jam even when engines active, but it would randomly turn off. Then I increased the powerstorage above the 20k max from generators alone and the problem was fixed.

What I think is happening:
    ship generates 1,000,000 power. ship stores 20,000 power. Ship drains 800,000 power to cloak/jam/accelerate. Since the ship drains more power per second than it stores (by a huge margin!), any lag in recharge (server lag), the power will run out and the system will turn off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The thing I\'d like the jammer to be effective for is throwing off SD-BB missile lock. x3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it says in the BB\'s description that is \"fitted with advanced cloaked chip detection technology\" or some nonsense like that so it sounds like its intentionally meant to counter jammers.