Radar enhancer block (counters jamming)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    As of now, a small jamed ships is 99.9% immune to bigger ships due to the fact that the turrets simply can't lock on to their position. While this is not necessarily a bad thing it can lead to some inbalance.

What I suggest is the addition of a counter jaming device, a radar enhancer. The way this thing would work is that the bigger the radar enhancer cluster (amount of blocks), the more precise the thing is. More precision would mean detection of smaller ships would be better, it would also represent a massive increase in power consumption (to make it balanced).

This would not make small stealth ships sitting duck as it wouldn't affect the cloak, honestly a small cloaked ship is already imposible to target. And it should sfay that way. There could also be a message for the scanned ship saying that it has been "scanned".

I would appreciate any criticism/comments on the idea.

Reaction score
    We don\'t need yet another \"add more blocks to win\" mechanic.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I don\'t see how an additional system that takes up more space and power on a ship and that can only counter a certain type of build. Thus making it useless versus other ships that don\'t use jamers, effectively lowering the combat efficiency of the ship using enhancers. Is considered an \"add more blocks to win\" mechanic...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you want your jamming device to only work maybe?

The problem with this is, that jammers and cloakers are usually used on 100-1000 weight scout ships.

A huge ship has 300\'000 blocks - the other ship has 1/300 weight.

That would need at least 100 jammer-counter blocks for each jammer block to make it balanced - I guess this is not exactly what you want - or am I wrong?

300\'000 is not the upper limit. I said 100-1000 weight, because a good scout should fit into some holes too (planet,etc).