Quick Fixes for Economy Exploits

Reaction score
    So yeah, the current economy system is horribly broken. While the suggestions I'll give won't fix it, it'll help plug up some of the more exploitable usages.

What server admins can do without Dev intervention:

1. Remove faction blocks from the cubatom list.
    2. Reduce the price of Ice Planet Rock from 100 to 1. Y'know, like the other types of planet terrain.
    3. (Optional) Reduce price of hard hull. I usually settle for going from 1500 to 500. Hull is still paper though.
    4. (Optional) Increase the price of build blocks massively (I think 100,000,000 is fine) and remove build blocks from the cubatom list. Fewer planet/station build blockers.
    5. Reduce the price of L5 ore from 1,000,000 to 150,000. It takes 10 L4 ore to make 1 L5 ore and L4 or is worth 10k each. So where does the other 900,000 come from? I think 50k is enough to make it a worthwhile effort.

What we need the Devs to do:
    1. Add an option to turn off price inflation.
    2. Make the trading guild much more active.
    3. Add an option to control how much shops spawn with.
    4. Add an option to control how much a shop restocks without a trading guild.
    5. Add an option to exclude certain blocks from pirate/planet loot.

The trading guild just isn't active enough to keep shops stocked; and they don't restock shops if no one is in the sector long enough for them to appear. Shops already spawn pretty empty and this just keeps them empty. Which drives up the prices of blocks to 2x their original cost.

Reaction score
    Even simpler, make it so astronauts cannot carry fucktons of items.

It fixed several issues, economy, and freighting.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Both posts.

Each shop should have a certain percentage of storage filled.

Now count all absolutes of (percentages as difference to 50%) together.

This should be the priority for the trading guild fixing the shop stock there.

Reaction score
    I remember on my clan\'s server, the clan leader increased the price of Build Blocks to about 10mil each (I can\'t remember the exact amount) in order to prevent people from buying one right at the begining, taking a planet apart in build mode and becoming rich. Of course, this worked great... until I had 3 or 4 pirates drop over 200 build blocks in loot. It was like winning the lottery!
    True story.