Question for StarMade devs

Reaction score
    Short question for the developers of StarMade out there.

I know StarMade will become a paid game when it exits alpha. But what will happen to the current community, the "alpha testers"? Will our accounts and blueprints be locked till we buy the game, deleted, or will we be able to continue playing?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Keep in mind that I speak as a moderator with experience but not as a representative of Schine. Someone more qualified will likely follow up and w/e I say here might be nulled.

The Citizen Registry (which will handle all of that) is free to use by anyone. No content will be deleted or specifically locked. Using an alpha version of the game to continue playing might be possible however the features introduced into the beta will quickly make it much more attractive an option. Even alpha mods will pale in comparison to planned features for StarMade. Add to that the beta mods that will assuredly follow and it's a whole other ball game. Alpha capable servers are going to become a short supply REAL quick as everyone updates for the new toys.

As of this writing the game is set at 6 dollars a copy. In a matter of days from now it will go to 10.
    As a long time player I can say 10 is an absolute steal.

For the younger members of our audience a mild suggestion..
    There's got to be one or two chores someone in your family just HATES doing. Doing those chores for them voluntarily (and doing them well) might earn you some brownie points and score you a copy. If no other recourse exists. That's how I got my gameboy games usually.

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Short question for the developers of StarMade out there.

I know StarMade will become a paid game when it exits alpha. But what will happen to the current community, the "alpha testers"? Will our accounts and blueprints be locked till we buy the game, deleted, or will we be able to continue playing?
    People that buy now have access to the game forever. We have bought our version by becoming alpha testers.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Blueprints are files located on your computer, so there's no way to lock them. I'm also pretty sure that it'll just be pay to play, so basically you're just going to buy the right to download the game. And no, being an alpha tester wouldn't justify you not paying for the game (just buy it now while it's cheaper :p ).

Reaction score
    Keep in mind that I speak as a moderator with experience but not as a representative of Schine. Someone more qualified will likely follow up and w/e I say here might be nulled.

The Citizen Registry (which will handle all of that) is free to use by anyone. No content will be deleted or specifically locked. Using an alpha version of the game to continue playing might be possible however the features introduced into the beta will quickly make it much more attractive an option. Even alpha mods will pale in comparison to planned features for StarMade. Add to that the beta mods that will assuredly follow and it's a whole other ball game. Alpha capable servers are going to become a short supply REAL quick as everyone updates for the new toys.

As of this writing the game is set at 6 dollars a copy. In a matter of days from now it will go to 10.
    As a long time player I can say 10 is an absolute steal.

For the younger members of our audience a mild suggestion..
    There's got to be one or two chores someone in your family just HATES doing. Doing those chores for them voluntarily (and doing them well) might earn you some brownie points and score you a copy. If no other recourse exists. That's how I got my gameboy games usually.
    Thanks.

I probably won't be able to buy the game before the price hike to $10. I don't get pocket money, don't really have any time for chores (Hi, 10-subject IGCSE + art) and generally will have a hard time getting to buy the game. I do like StarMade, and I will definitely try to buy the game, but no guarantee. Thanks for clearing things up for me, though :)

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    @WarSong So I saw the post that said '1.8' implying that the game is nearing a full release, or at least into Beta.

But the game looks like a beta, not an alpha, and I'm worried that we're nearing release very soon. Are we nearing a total full release or are we waiting for a while? Will we have our copies just locked out in 2015/20xx once we hit 2.0 or will we go further? I would like to know this, if you don't mind.

(Or do you not know...or can't tell us?)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Ok that was a schema-typo or a 'schepo'. Cat paws and blog entries do not mix.

FYI when coding the great grey one uses fred and barney, his twin bamboo chopsticks, to type the game's code out with. Funfact: They will have an assistant producer credit in the upcoming universe update video from Schine. When fred and barney are not available (usually 6am and 10am standard time in Dusseldorf because of religious observations as both chopsticks are members of the 'holy pre-order of two tempura rolls and a california roll' a sect of the General Tao Monkhood) the great smelling schema the good dancer must rely on his paws to do the talkin.

TL : DR; It's 0.18 for sure. The 0.8 was just a little hiccup in the blog post.

Reaction score
    Ok that was a schema-typo or a 'schepo'. Cat paws and blog entries do not mix.

FYI when coding the great grey one uses fred and barney, his twin bamboo chopsticks, to type the game's code out with. Funfact: They will have an assistant producer credit in the upcoming universe update video from Schine. When fred and barney are not available (usually 6am and 10am standard time in Dusseldorf because of religious observations as both chopsticks are members of the 'holy pre-order of two tempura rolls and a california roll' a sect of the General Tao Monkhood) the great smelling schema the good dancer must rely on his paws to do the talkin.

TL : DR; It's 0.18 for sure. The 0.8 was just a little hiccup in the blog post.
    Oh good. I'm not being funny or anything, but I have both Scottish AND Jewish blood in me, and both like to play up to their stereotypes. Still buying it, OFC but still.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    No we're not about to pull a double jump. The price isn't going up in a few days to only go up again several days later. We still have more game to alpha yet. Beta is coming soon but not too soon. Tho I'm pretty damn confident in the game's state the road schema set out on is long and ambitious.

Last edited: