Question about the dev builds

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I wanted to ask a one simple question. How do people like Tomino, or Bench get dev builds? Do I need to be a youtuber to get one? Sorry for such a one-question thread, but there's not much else to say.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've tried that, and every time I try to extract it, it gives me a CRC error (if I recall correctly)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Then maybe choose a different build, it could be, that the one you try is corrupted.

Reaction score
    While I am not certain, I think you have to had purchased the game for access to dev builds. It might help explain the CRC errors.

Reaction score
    You don't need to purchase the game to have access to dev builds, as far as I know. But it is convoluted and difficult to get working.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Maybe somebody can spare me a working .jar?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The public aren't really supposed to have access to the dev builds. You've got to be a tester or someone influential (like Tomino). Someone figured out the user/pw for the build folder, though...

(Once you have access, it's just a simple matter of downloading and extracting (preferably with 7zip) to the Starmade install directory.)

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Schema wrote user/pw in update statuses (on the old site) so players could test public dev build :)
    No, he gave them for the pre builds. It just so happens that the user/pass for the pre and dev folders are the same. :P

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Schema wrote user/pw in update statuses (on the old site) so players could test public dev build :)
    Public Pre builds are the equivalent to Minecraft's snapshots. Stable builds for the public to test. Dev Builds on the other hand are the versions that being heavily worked on and can crash at a moments notice. intended only for a select few who schema works with but he doesn't mind ppl who download it to mess around and report bugs.

all in all the more ppl who download it and report bugs the faster and better the next update will be

Reaction score
    No, he gave them for the pre builds. It just so happens that the user/pass for the pre and dev folders are the same. :p
    Do you really think schema would unintentionally tell us to play the dev builds, and give us the passwords, and never change the passwords, and happily respond to our feedback? Maybe you should let schema know about this gaping security flaw.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Do you really think schema would unintentionally tell us to play the dev builds, and give us the passwords, and never change the passwords, and happily respond to our feedback? Maybe you should let schema know about this gaping security flaw.
    How he sees it, to my understanding, is that the dev builds are not meant for the public, but he's not going to turn down a few more bug reports.

Reaction score
    How he sees it, to my understanding, is that the dev builds are not meant for the public, but he's not going to turn down a few more bug reports.
    Haha, sounds reasonable. I guess I should make it up to him by reporting bugs more often.