PvP server Idea

would you play on a server along the lines of this?

• Yes!

• no.

• possably

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Reaction score
    Hi guys, its been some time since I've been active on this game because of many reasons so most probably wont remember me. I came from the original EE, the old AA server, and many more honestly as they come and went. Looking at coming back to the game there is honestly no more full on balls to the walls PVP servers left. Now that I have more time in my life and the extra $$ Would anyone actually like to have servers back like that? just for an example. your home base is only protected for X amount of days, then you have to defend it yourself. Block gathering and credit making GREATLY increased to the point that you could have and use battle ships with out loosing months of work. a catch of say no re spawn on things or make it more or less where people have to fight for land" as the server grows it becomes more and more of a war zone for factions needed that material. Even something else just as long as it evolves A LOT of pvp and not having to worry so much about ships. If I see people are actually interested in something like this I will start work on it.
    [doublepost=1475946024,1475945919][/doublepost]I am very open to imput on this idea also I want to hear what you all think.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Block gathering and credit making GREATLY increased to the point that you could have and use battle ships with out loosing months of work.
    This would mean that you would need huge amount of RAM to avoid constant lag for players. (Some people use the term 'Titanmade' to refer to this type of gameplay.

make it more or less where people have to fight for land
    This can be achieved with the help of inverse faction point system, as utilised by some servers in past and present. Check EI and TAW for details.

Otherwise the idea is good. Also, "possably"->"possibly"

Reaction score
    This would mean that you would need huge amount of RAM to avoid constant lag for players. (Some people use the term 'Titanmade' to refer to this type of gameplay.

This can be achieved with the help of inverse faction point system, as utilised by some servers in past and present. Check EI and TAW for details.

Otherwise the idea is good. Also, "possably"->"possibly"
    ty, dyslexia gets the best of my word choices sometimes.. Haha! and honestly on the ram issue. I've got a server currently seting idle that we are using at my college just to set up mock networks and things like that. but honestly before I send something like that off to a data center I want to know that this server is going to work. My idea was to put in a ship size limit of like a modest 1.5 to 2k long to keep the ram in reasonable amounts till The true server could be up and running.

although I probably will have to do tweaking on my personal server If it is necessary mostly for data storage, it has 64GB ECC memory. and honestly ive wondered how star-made would run with ECC ram. Would it run better? or the ECC properties slow down the server?
    I will have to look into the faction point system! thanks for all the tips

Reaction score
    Looking at this its got more views then I figured, So I will start work and a new thread on this server!