Putting Humpty Dumpy Back Together?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So I've been building a large titan at my home station, and it's been going normally.

Last night I activated the large heavy spinning ring and the server groaned in pain so I turned it back off.

Now when I undock other ships my framerate drops into low single digits until I get a little ways out from the station, then it shoots back up to normal triple digits.

Only thing I can think of is that now the game is doing full collision checking on everything that it wasn't before I activated the spinner.

Is there any way to get it to STOP those checks again? So I can dock and undock normally again?

Reaction score
    There is likely a setting somewhere hidden deep within a configuration file that will fix it. Another possibility might be deconstructing and reconstructing it in a shipyard, though I don't know if you can make a station inside a shipyard. One final possibility I can think of (if you're in single player or are an admin), you can copy the station and paste it again, with any luck it won't paste the setting that makes it do collision checks.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Rail Speed controller with a single turned off activation block should help one things that are suppose to move. Just connect the speed controller to all things that aren't going to move at all while docked and it should kill about half the issue. Now as for the rotators it's the same idea but make sure it is spinning at a reasonable rate with the speed on but when it isn't needed to spin do the usual means of stopping it without the speed controller first and than turn off the speed for the rotators. :) Should kill a good chunk of the problem but it'd be nice if the devs would fix the main issue too. XD

Hope that at least tries to help. :)