Punch-through & Missiles

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Didn't going 100% on hull-damaging effect nullifies your effectiveness to 0% on shields ? Or am I terribly wrong ?

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    As far as I am aware there is no such effect on shield damage.
    Hm... Thanks for the info. I was thinking that because when you place Ion effect modules as defensive part of the ship, your shields become stronger, but your hulls become tissue paper. Same for EMP, which reduces your power-draining damage to be taken, but you get weaker shields and armor in the other hand.

This kind of balance is excellent, so a fleet will have multiple effect outfitted ships in order to have success.

Reaction score
    I am using missile/beam/punch through. I can't seem to get the lock on target to work. Do i press 'F' on target for it to work or wait till the HUD turns red?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Hi!

I am a little bit confused...
    After i red your post i did my own tests, but i did not get to the same result as you: Punch Through on missiles just did not change anything while explosive effect enhanced the radius significantly.
    Same here...I don't get any bonus from punch through on my missiles (even if they have 60 billion damage). Only explosive adds radius 3 radius to it. Although this could be a bug, radius with pulse is 9 and with explosive is 12. You can't get past that even though it says 40 radius.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Recently I noticed that even cannons with missile slave (=shotgun) cease to coop with punch-through.

Reaction score
    I am using missile/beam/punch through. I can't seem to get the lock on target to work. Do i press 'F' on target for it to work or wait till the HUD turns red?
    Center the reticle over the target, it will initially turn red to start locking. Hold with the target in the reticle until it turns green and starts flashing. At that point you are locked.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So I was building a missile system that has 11,400 missile blocks, 11,400 beam blocks slaved to it, and then 11,400 punch through blocks. I was expecting quite a powerful missile since it does 85,510 damage so you can see why I was very disappointed when it only created a hole with a radius of 12 and a depth of 7. Is this just something to do with a bug because I still got very small holes when I took the slaves and effect off.