Pulsing lights question

Reaction score
    I know there are loads of circuits to make lights pulse on and off with various timing intervals, but I want to make my lights pulse in an analogue manner, ie the voltage moving up and down in a sine wave. Anyone know if this is possible?

I am building a Blakes 7 Liberator and want to make the globe pulse gently.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    No dimming that I know of. You could play with turning lighs on and off closer and farther from the outside of the sphere though.

It may give you a dimming effect!

Reaction score
    No dimming that I know of. You could play with turning lighs on and off closer and farther from the outside of the sphere though.

It may give you a dimming effect!
    Yeah thanks for that, I had been toying around with the idea of doing that or something similar. At least I know now that dimming isn't possible at the moment.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah thanks for that, I had been toying around with the idea of doing that or something similar. At least I know now that dimming isn't possible at the moment.
    Welcome! Happy hunting!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    hi mate... you mean do anything like this using lights and logic blocks?

Reaction score
    You could just put your light on a rotating entity. No logic at all -- just a rotation at a constant speed. Distance (from the observer) will fluctuate in a (co)sine manner. This should create an easy and natural dimming pulse when observed from outside the rotation circle. You can put something opaque on the rotation axis and have a (co)sine shadow to enhance the effect when the light source is away from the observer.

Reaction score
    Sorry for delay in reply, that's a great idea and I will remember it as it has lots of other uses for beacons etc
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457975558,1457975503][/DOUBLEPOST]
    hi mate... you mean do anything like this using lights and logic blocks?
    Sorry for delay in reply, system down. yes that's what I'm after, don't think its possible though.