Protect Ships Docked Inside of Others From Missiles

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Every blasted time I go into battle my shuttle gets blown apart by a @#$%^& missile! I don't know if this is a glitch, but it should be considered one. My shields were up, so the mothership takes no damage. The shuttle is inside and SHOULD be protected by the blast doors covering it, but apparently missiles have never heard of line of sight. :P

If there is no line of sight to a ship, it should not be damaged by a missile.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It is considered a bug by many. I think the reason they can't just use the same line of sight thing they did for astronauts is because that would end up with it only checking for the core location of the docked ship, which may be very inaccurate.

Maybe when we get this, we will also get the system what would make it so missiles can target any block/section of a ship, not just the core, since I imagine they would work off the same principle.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Actually, EVEN just tracing the line between explosion and core, alot of improvement would be the result. Think of all the docked power generators that are technically sealed off - they would not be damaged until there is a hole in the main hull, at which point they are not really protected anymore one way or the other (and shouldn't be, either).