Problems with the Docking Beam

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello I have found that many people cannot dock their ships because it is too long or far from the dockng module. Like here: http://star-made.org/content/cant-dock#comment-form this shows that the docking beams must have one of two things done.

1. the docking beam stretchs the entire length of the ship or sector so that way you are able to dock.

2. have an module that moves the origin of the docking beam e.g. beam genorator which when placed on the ship becomes the origin of the docking beam so the range doesn't need to be upped.

These need to be done because even if you do get a better view sometimes you still can't dock since you cannot reach the docking module and you can't see above, below and behind with the cockpits.

Please leave a comment adding to this and try it out for your self using the ship specs in the link mention but where the core is in the upmost centre of the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Revisit that thread you linked, I posted a practical yet temporary solution to the problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What you suggested is more like an auto win for ship battles since it involves exposing the ship core to any attack when shields go down or quicking docking hard to do when you are in a race. But yes a solution although I would consider it less logical than just trying to have your ship core closer to the front or bottem of your ship.