Problems With New Universe on Servers

Reaction score
    We've had some problems on our server with some of the effects/features of the Universe Update not working properly, even though single player works just fine.

Specifically, the new drawn stars in the background are not appearing as they should, and instead the old system of random stars is in its place (see pic)

How it should look from 20 star systems above galaxy (this is in single player)

How it looks on our server

Basically I just need to know how to get the colored and patterned background stars back
    Does anyone know which server files should be changed and how, to remedy this problem?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Did you reset the universe?

Reaction score
    Our server isn't having any of these issues. It was prior to a map reset, but after that it looks normal.

Reaction score
    @Glutton
    The actual, physical universe is working properly and shows up on the galaxy map just fine. What I'm talking about is the background stars that are supposed to be representative of real stars but aren't doing so on any multiplayer server that I've seen.

Reaction score
    Oh Gotcha. I understand now. I haven't payed any attention to the background yet. When I get a chance, I'll take a look and see if I'm experiencing the same thing

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    The colored backgrounds you are speaking about is the "procedural background" option. Having this enabled should make it work. It works fine for me on the test server and another random server I tried out. Maybe the option is disabled for you although it shouldn't work in single player either then, which it does for you.