Problem restoring a back-up save

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been wanting to restore a back-up I made of the "server-database" folder. I'm placing the folder in a freshy installed directory on a hosted server.

But once I do that, I can no longer connect to the server, and it returns an SQL error in the log.

[Aug 25, 2013 3:00:03 PM] STDOUT: [OUT] [MAIN] STARTING WITH ARGUMENTS: [-server, -port:4252]
    [Aug 25, 2013 3:00:03 PM] STDERR: [ERR] [SERVER] initializing
    [Aug 25, 2013 3:00:03 PM] STDERR: [ERR] [SQL] Fetching connection
    [Aug 25, 2013 3:00:03 PM] STDERR: [ERR] java.sql.SQLException: error in script file line: C:\TCAFiles\Users\myusername\191\server-database\index 53

Removing the save, and allowing the server to generate a new server-database folder allows me to connect again.

What am I missing when it comes to restoring an old back-up on a multiplayer server?

Reaction score
    Try deleting server-database\\ folder before extracting the backup files.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Could you elaborate on that a bit?

When I\'ve been doing it, I haven\'t been overwriting the file if that is what you mean. I\'ve been deleteing the old server-database folder, then putting in the new one. Which is why I\'m so confused about the error?

If I have a working server-database folder and I remove it... allow the server to regenerate a fresh universe and a new server-database folder... Then remove that one and slot in the previously working server-database folder I will get this error. It\'s maddening.

I don\'t know of a way to back-up a server if this happens everytime. It\'s like they are corrupt.

Reaction score
    Oh well, what i\'d try next is extracting the whole backup package on new empty folder with copy of launcher. Might need to update that instance of starmade, but it would use that old universe.