Prioritizer for AI turrets

Reaction score
    With the AI turret controls right now, there seems to be two options: manually select a target via the navigation menu/spot key (A bit clunky, and you often target enemy turrets rather than the ship itself), or set to free fire. Something I'd really like to see would be an add-on to this system that could be connected to an AI module or such.

What the prioritizer would do would expand the parameters for AI turrets when they are selecting targets, allowing for more specific functions for individual turrets. An example could be to have a prioritize via mass small->large option, which could set the turret to fill more of an antifighter role. Vice versa, a turret set to fire on targets of large mass -> small mass would be concentrated on fighting capitals.

You could even have options to switch to the ship causing the most damage to the turret, to improve survivability. In three way wars, this could come in even more use, as you could set an enemy faction that may pose a bigger threat to be fired upon first. I really think this could be a great add on for the AI, and it would allow more customization over the current system.

Thoughts? Anything different that could be added?

Reactions: JNC and Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    turrets also fire on the closest thing so if a fighter is the closest thing its dead

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    been suggested to death.

however AI functionality will be overhauled soon. I think Schema said that he's going to work on AI now that FTL is here.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    And seriously, we don't need a set of built-in features, we need a system we can customize from the ground up, and that means something programmable. I'm not against individual features like this being implemented as well, though, since they could help alleviate the advantage larger factions and coders would recieve from personalized systems.