Predictive build mode

Reaction score
    I was watching the mushroomfleet stream building a ship and I was thinking that it shouldn't be too hard to preposition the corner block optimum position right off the bat. Or on angle block orientation base on the blocks to the side of it(if one angle block is to the side(same plane) of the spot where you are placing an new angle block then the system will assume it's orientation).

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like a smooth tool which replaces blocks on edges with wedges and corners with corners, etc instead.
    And a sharpen tool which replaces wedges corners and pentas with normal blocks and use wedges for even sharper look&feel.

In Space_Engineers, it was annoying to have landing gears automatically being rotated 90° when you accidentally moved around an edge and back.
    However it will get implemented, I want it either optional (smooth, sharpen replace tools) or intelligently solved :)

But I think anything that will solve this is an improvement, as turning wedges for 10 hours let me forget about what I wanna build next.

It is difficult to plan ahead if you have to carefully place it in distances of 7 blocks or make a ramp with just wedges and no full blocks.

Please don't bring the argument that big ships should require an intelligent person, just because you wanna remain your awesome ship look more awesome than other people's builds. Too much egoism is the beginning of humankind's end.