[PreBuild 0.09398] Server issues - Locally

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was playing with my brother on a local server and for some reason we both keep teleporting when our character collides with different blocks. I don't know if this is a bug or an issue we have here but it appaeared first when we both updated to this prebuild.

Schema, when you get some time over I'd like for you to take a look at the server code regarding that lag-fix you did. It might affect the way the player reacts to blocks as well.

Take your time!

Thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Myself and some others have experienced this, before the updates. Seems to have started for me at least when Schema first started work on the docking a few updates back. Some more info on this post, maybe its related?

http://star-made.org/content/docking-opposites-cause-teleport-glitch

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There was no docking present to this. I was just trying to move around in his ship. He did however have some turrets and ships docked to this vessel, but around those there were no issues strangely enough.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You say there was no docking to this...but then you say the vessel had ships and turrets docked?

Do you mean the process of docking? I was not referring to that either. Not trying to be snarky, I think I\'m just misunderstanding your response.

On my ship with ships and turrets just docked, I experience the random teleportation, especially if I am in a tighter space, such as one block wide hall, or dropping through a one block hole. However if I rotate my turrets to where they are clipping it seems to get worse.

If I undock all ships and turrets the random teleportation disappears.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m sorry, my english at times.. Not a native speaker so yeah.

Anyway.. There was no docking \'In action\' (which was what I meant to begin with) during the teleportain and there was no docked ships/turrets nearby - they were at least 40 blocks away from where we were. Also, I\'ve tried this on my own during singleplayer and local server hosted on my own computer - with his ship, turrets docked and all - and no glitchingness. I don\'t get it..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I will try the same on my end then; buy the blueprint of my capital with turrets on a local game and see if I am glitchy, I will post my findings.

Were you near a station at all? We also experienced a station spawn on top of our first station with one of the updates, so the stations both exist in the same spot. May or may not be related, but want to provide as much info as I can.

Also, no worries on the English, we have our own places and languages. This is the internet after all :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    We did \"park\" his ship near a bunch of comets because we wanted to make a comet base kind of thing. But they despawned when we restarted the server and his ship started to glitch.

Thank you for your understanding! :) Yah dis iz the internetz wer speling iz unmppurtnt :P