Power generator logic check

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    got a question about power generation logic that has me confused. im working on a space station power grid thats in a fairly massive box. now, having played the game prior, i remember roughly the systems for power grids - namely you 'draw' a cube with each power core, the bigger the cube, the more power. you can overlap 'drawn' power cubes if you are careful, and to maximize the power you generate, you need to draw as many cubes as possible within that space...

now with that said, i have a bunch of parallel power lines drawn in a three dimensional 'Z' shape, instead of the
    'T' shape - i find it easier to map the lines that way... any rate, when i link two of the power lines, im getting an increase in power - not a decrease as i would expect from the way i thought the power systems worked. even double checked it and the wiki says i should get a decrease in power.

anyone know what might be up there?

note that i did make a smaller generator for my ship and that generator works as intended - and also i did take quite a bit of care to make sure the lines dont touch eachother, so thats not influencing things.

put this here as its less of a question of 'where did i screw this up' and more of a 'did the mechanic change' or 'am i misunderstanding the mechanic'

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Firstly, "logic" is for logic blocks, not mechanics. Bit of a wrong spot is all :d

2nd, Power has not changed much in a long time, the only change that even happened during my time here was switching the dimensional bonus from exponential to sums of dimensions.

It depends on how much that it increased, there is a pair of formulas on the wiki, one shows that using multiple/more groups is worse than using a singular/fewer ones, and the other shows that power curves when you get near the 1million softcap on dimensional bonuses (you can't just keep making cubes forever, eventually it does nothing for you).