Power and shields idea

Reaction score
    Hello guys, I've been playing SM for 3 months and I like the game, it's good and fun to play but there's one that that's bothering me. The power and shield system - It's not bad, but also not the best idea.

Let's say that you want to have nice, efficient, agile and combat effective ship or shuttle with rich/huge interior. To do so, you have to limit one of these things and that's really bothering me. Giving us more efficient power/shield blocks with higher recharge rate for shuttles or bigger generators for ships would save ALOT space for internal decoration of the ship.

I'm sure that players may like the generator system instead of small, inefficient load of blocks. What do you guys think? This is just friendly idea just like many others, and I'll be happy for almost any kind of response

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    blocks of generators are not as effective as other shapes, personaly i do long lines of power along the interior of my ship seperated chy shield blocks and usualy i have no issue with room or ashthetics

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There are ways to build generators that work together to be more efficient, you just have to incorporate them into your designs. I build all my ships from the inside out and I am not having a trouble having combat effective ships (at least when not compared to warboxes) with ample interior, actually just the opposite. I am having trouble finding things to do with all the interior spaces I am allocating myself when I build a ship

Reaction score
    If you gonna have something like this, remember that bigger ships would also use it which means that there would be more space for gusn which leads to the ide of having a OP large crusaider and unbalanced gameplay :/

Reaction score
    Yes, that\'s true. But when you give players possibility to create their own stuff in the game, people will always abuse it for their own benefits. Even the current system can be easilly abused. For example, I was peacefully playing on server when someone just appeared in front of me with really ugly ship (It was like 3 melted cubes in every possible direction) and it was made only from - AM cannons/power blocks/shields and thrusters. Yes, none of these mechanics would prevent making OP stuff. But for me, the generators would be better option. And also, I\'m trying NOT to abuse the games mechanics if I\'m not forced to do so (In any game).