Bug [Possible Solution] Hanging on "Requesting Synchronize", extreme high ping on connect

Reaction score
    For over a year I've been unable to connect to any Starmade servers. When I attempt to connect it just hangs on "requesting synchronize". If I leave it for several minutes it might eventually connect, but when it does so my ping is often upwards of 6,000. This was with all Starmade servers.

My (and others') attempts to solve this have been fruitless, but I may have stumbled upon a solution.

In order to get SMedit to work I was instructed to remove 32-bit Java if I also had 64-bit. Out of curiosity I later tried joining a StarMade server, and after 10 seconds I had connected with a ping of 150 - comparable to the pings of other players. So far I've been able to successfully connect to servers of ~10 players.

Now, this may be a coincidence, and it may be temporary, but I wanted to put this out there if anybody else has been having this issue.

If you're having this problem, ensure that you only have -one- version of Java installed. If you're running a x64 system, keep the 64-bit version of Java and remove the 32-bit version.

Again, I want to stress that this might not necessarily be the solution. For all I know it was an update that fixed it. If you're having problems, give this a go. Please respond to this thread if you try, regardless of whether or not it works. It'll probably help to gather data.

Reaction score
    I only have 64 installed (64 bit computer) and it is giving me the "requesting" error