Possible AI Improvements?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi all.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, or at least something similar, but i have a few suggestions for the AI system and how it could possibly be improved.

So as you may know, player created AI ships do a whole lot of nothing.
    I was thinking, as an addition to Factions, what about assigning ships to a Fleet?
    You could designate a ship hierarchy or something, for instance maybe lesser ships could loosely follow the highest ranking ship.

Another idea would be to have the ability to control waypoints for the AI ships, like perhaps your flagship could have an AI "Control Block" of some sort, and you could set ships to go to waypoints, or seek out and destroy targets?

I think this would at least be worth discussion, i'm sure there are flaws to these ideas.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To the first idea, I\'d add \"or dock back on the mothership/carrier\" because it\'s a pain to personally force the drones back onto the carrier when you have more then 10 ships to locate and redock. To the second idea, I wouldn\'t mind a patrol mode around the Homebase.

I personally wouldn\'t be against the idea of a \"AI Control Block\" placed:

-On the Homebase for ships to patrol and turrets to activate/deactivate

-On a mothership/carrier for drone ship command and turret targeting

-On a small or medium ship for wingman/squad/fleet manouevers

EDIT: Apparently there are many more AI improvement threads on http://www.reddit.com/r/starmade as well.