Positive Review: GenXNova - Good server for PVP players

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm not sure if the whole community has heard about the GenXNova server, but if you haven't, it's definitely a server worth spending time on. The good thing about it is that the admins understand what makes players want to play. They have made it so that its easier to mine stuff, and that getting ships doesn't take 10 years. The admins talk to players and listen to their advice when it comes to how the server should work, such as pirate size and mining bonuses.

On GenXNova You will find lots of PVP. This is the main reason I recommend it. Here's also what makes this server unique and what I really really like about it:
    1) Server has 36x or something crazy mining bonus so ships are easy to get back if you lose them.
    2) Ship limit is at 500k blocks, so you won't have mega titans recking everyone on the server like on elwyn eterntiy.
    3) you get a starter ship and don't have to make the boring hobo-miner like you've done on every other server you've been on
    4) LOTS OF PLAYERS!!!!!

Along with that many of the major factions play on GenXNova, such as Odium Pact and Dread Syndicate (See factions subforum).

Go check it out and have some fun!
    IP: sm.lazygamerz.org:4242

Big thanks to Bobby Bighoof for spending lots of time creating the server!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    GenXnova is a fantastic server but only if you can handle PVP Otherwise you might consider going to the PVE galaxy via the warpgates where rules prevent PVP combat!

A all around good server for everyone regardless of if you like PVP or PVE

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    yeah the pve community is very solid as well I help out the pve galaxy and make new designs (working on 3 new pirate stations for the bad guys and 2-3 pirates with advanced tech) so tons of fun to be had - the pirates are larger as well to allow pirate farming with massive drops or mine asteroids to feed your factory's

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Keep on topic, people. If you don't like the topic, you don't have to post on the thread. There's no one holding a gun to the back of your head forcing you to.

Reactions: aceface

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I disagree. Even with 30+ players online, almost NOTHING happens at all. And most of the people (that are not known factions and stuff) are isolated on PvE galaxy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    actually only 4-5 factions are in the pve galaxy 90% of factions are in the spawn pve / pvp hybrid galaxy - the admins are currently building some pvp and pve "" quests "" that will shell out prizes to the winning team

also only play on servers with 200 ping
    so what a server with 5-10 people and ships under 250k?
    as a satellite user I get pings well over 800 without a issue in starmade (I have to use satellite as I'm currently tending to my sick parents) most people confuse the laag and glitches caused by the low frames per second with the ping - only over 1200-1500 does things start to go weird

the only really bad laag issues is planet mining which is why the rules on genx say you have to blow up the planet before mining it - this stops the laag issue

Reactions: Bobby Bighoof
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I disagree. Even with 30+ players online, almost NOTHING happens at all. And most of the people (that are not known factions and stuff) are isolated on PvE galaxy.
    I disagree with your disagreement. I've been playing on the server for nearly two years, and there are several things that happen on the server; whenever any of the admin team feels like it, they will host a pirate boss event; They spawn a bunch of pirates, you bring a ship that doesn't have swarm missiles (To limit server lag AND to not hurt other players joining the event), and you go and fight the pirates for the reward ships.
    There are several pirate boss ships on the server, and here's a few of them:

This one's a work in progress, but it'll be ready for a fight in a couple days at 100k-ish blocks:
    Here's some finished bosses:

This one's the Voltra Abduction Class Frigate, around 30k blocks,

And this one's the Gultra Icarus, at around 160k blocks.

There are a few other ones, but I couldn't find screenshots of them.
    On top of that, only five factions are over in the PVE galaxy; the majority of the players, myself included, are in the spawn galaxy. Heck, most of them are near the spawn of the center galaxy anyway.

Reactions: Bobby Bighoof
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I suggest playing on servers with less then 200 ping

please note the server cpu use and the memory use in this next image

people should check themselves before they wreck themselves on what is going on. It is players on its is players doing stupid things that messes up a server. We fight all the time to make sure people who are making the server run badly for others are dealt with. It is an ongoing daily battle, and yes we don't always win, but we are putting up a good fight against lag.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    That almost sounded good, then I read about the voting for credits thing. Starbits does that too, and increases the prices x100 on everything so when they say you get 25,000,000 credits for voting, you are actually getting the equivalent of 250k.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    This thread is over a year old dude

oobs :DDD shameless BUMB