Points I would like to see

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    He there!

I have a few suggestions for the game. There are some points that i think need some improvement, some points i would like to see in the game and some points i would like to see in the game, but later on. Let’s start with the improvements!

1. Easier direction options

It’s a real pain to get your wedged hull piece in the right direction. I think this could be much easier. If the plan is keeping the arrows in the menu than there could be a least four arrows: one on top, one on both sides and one on the bottom. This way the sides act as turning the block sideways and the top and bottom to place it up-side-down. Or, if no arrows are needed, it could be that the direction is decided by looking to the direction you want it.

2. Water and Lava

I think that water and lava need to be more of a liquid. Right now you are able to walk on top of the water and lava. Also, taking damage from lava would be obvious. So, why don’t make that in the game?

3.Toggle no-clip in build mode

I would like to see a toggle option on the no-clip in build mode. I think it would be very handy when, for example, building a wall. When doing this i find it rather annoying when going backwards trough a wall and so place blocks all over the place. With a toggle would this be easy fixed.

4.Docking

I find docking rather difficult in this current version. First time i used the docking system, my spaceship glitcht in a wall and when it broke free it was in some kind of magic way fired hundreds of meters away. I think that the direction must be changeable. This way you can chose which way the front of the ship goes. This point would be easier with use of point 1.

5. Better control explanation

When in game, you can press F1 for control info. When i do this it seems that “V” let’s you go into the core. The actual key for this is “R” so that isn’t quite right. There also seems to be a key for screenshots, so i can tell from looking in the Starmade folder. I don’t know which key this is, but i think it’s one of the F-Keys. Those are just two points, so i think there could be somewhere a menu that explains the controls and the extra keys like screenshot.

6. Cockpit direction

It should be possible to turn your cockpits sideways or backwards so things like parking your ship, are a bit easier.

7. More AI options

The current options of a turret are attacking other ships and attacking other turrets. I would like to see options for mining-turrets and repair-turrets. This way you can build a more automated harvester on the bottom of your ship. Also if something like mining-turrets come into this game, it can be nice if the salvaged blocks are not stored in your inventory, but in plex-storages. That would give a better use for the storage.

8. Quantities of hull in shops

The quantities in shops aren’t quite right. Sometimes i have a hard time getting grey hull pieces while, in my opinion, this is the beginning material. And then, when i look under minerals, i see that allot of valuable ores are in stock. So, this shows that it need to be made a bit more balanced.

Now some point i would like to see in game.

9. Repair system

I would really like an easier way to restore ship to its former glory XD. Sometimes i just refuse to look for pirates just because of the difficulty of restoring the ship. If there was a computer unit that slowly restored the ship when not in battle, my problem would be fixed. Of course you would need to have the required blocks for the repair in your inventory.

10. Acceleration

Mass versus thrust is a bit OP i think. When having a large ship with, let’s say a mass of 1000, you can compensate it quite easy and just go from 0 to 49,9 in 5 seconds. I would like to see that the acceleration would also be determent by mass alone. Of course you need to add enough thrust to get a faster ship, but it still need to be slower than smaller ships with relatively less thrust.

11.More corners

I miss some corner pieces! Inner corners and corners that connect three wedged edges.

My last few points are a bit far away. I would like to see these but i can’t count on them in alpha.

12. Mobs

Bots that live on planets. They should be able to be hired for your ship.

13. Cities

Cities for the mobs to live on. These should not be very common though, they should be a bit rare at least.

14. Extending parts

Blocks that can extend when giving the command. These would be very handy when making landing gear or extending walkways to get in your docked ship.

Those are the points that i like to see in the game. Please leave a comment about what you think about these ideas.

(PS: I’m from the Netherlands, so sorry for grammar :D)

Reaction score
    Agree with 1, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11(!!!) and 14. The other things are interesting too, but 11. More corners, yes. I\'m surprised that they have not been added yet. Side corners (for now their 4 sided base can only be on top or on the bottom) Inner corners and corners that connect three wedged edges. - this is a must. Can\'t say how many times I\'ve been redesigning the look of my ship cause this little things missing in the game.

And to be honest I don\'t think it would be super hard or time expensive to implement them to the game.