Plotz is an online voxel sphere generator and modeller

Reaction score
    found this cool tool for helping make spheres and other items which might be helpful for some people it helped me so I thought i would share... Clicky

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A pity it doesn\'t output schematic files. Then you could import them into SMEdit. Or did I miss that?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, Plotz is good, but I\'ve got a couple of useful ones that are a bit quicker (being in a website) if you\'re using a tablet device whilst running Starmade on a computer...

I\'ll edit this post later with the website links that work on my iPad that allow you to generate both circles and spheres respectively with alterable settings via dropdown menus up to a limited size, which I use when I\'m building structures that need them and I can\'t conceptualise the shape in blocks. The sphere one lets you see the structure layer by layer, and the circle one also shows a symmetry line on odd-diameter circles to use as the centre of the circle.

Incidentally, does anyone know of a grid-based paint program for either iOS or Android, preferably with a large area to draw in that shows the grid the pixels are slotted in? Been looking forever so I can design ships to and from my day job to build when I get home.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I could port SMEdit to Android. It would be a bit of a pain. The UI layer would have to be re-written, but all the plugins are designed to be run headless, so they would go over fine. If you had enough people interested, I\'d think about it. It\'s more of a ship editor, not a ship creator though. I suspect you want the latter.

Reaction score
    Here is a sphere, oval or otherwise round object generator. http://donatstudios.com/PixelCircleGenerator

This one is worth exploring because it adds bezier curves to your object, also gives you a layer by layer instruction for building it. http://oranj.io/blog/VoxelSphereGenerator

Plotz is also pretty good but I like my Bezier :]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I couldn\'t find my bookmarks, but those are the two I was going to mention in my above post if my ipad\'s bookmarks actually worked. I highly recommend both of those on mobile devices as a planner for structures.