Please let us having spaces and punctuation in ship names

Reaction score
    Currently only non-alphanumerical character allowed in ship names is underscore (_). Please allow every printable character. If ship's name is used for some kind of file name, then use there "normalized" name (punctuation ignored and spaces changed into underscores) and store actual name inside file (header or something like that).

Reaction score
    why do you need this. It takes about two seconds to do a underscore, and who is going to name their ship USS Valientwith a period ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    All we need I think is default font(s) having underscore visually appearing as a space. Nothing else.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why act oblivious to common sense? How about because it looks better for ship names to appear properly punctuated and with all characters available and because there\'s no good reason to have this restriction in the first place?

This is a very valid request and one that I would imagine will be implemented in future versions.

Also I\'m sorry that it takes you two seconds to press the underscore key, because obviously this discussion is over how much effort it is to press a key on your keyboard.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    because there\'s no good reason to have this restriction in the first place?

File creation and formatting structure comprehention errors from a temporary system. There, now you have a good reason why not to.