Please fewer Pirates!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please fewer Pirates, i'll namely killed permanently

This is so stupid that if you just built a planet once in the middle of nowhere, a "Pirate Gang" appears and you will be killed

Reaction score
    The pirates are very easy already, you just need to have some defenses...

If you don\'t want to make any defenses yet, you can make your base invulnerable by adding a faction block + setting it as your faction home.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Also in the server.cfg file you can change it so that enemies dont spawn (located in Starmade folder)

Reaction score
    If you are on singleplayer or the admin of a server, you can also set up a few things in-game through commands that may prove useful to you:

\"/sector_chmod x y z + peace\" will stop pirates from spawning in the coordinates input.

\"/sector_chmod x y z - peace\" will allow them to spawn again when you\'re ready.

\"/sector_chmod x y z + protected\" will disallow all block/player damage in the coordinates input.

\"/sector_chmod x y z - protected\" will allow damage again.

The Spawn sector (2 2 2) usually has these settings by default.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have trouble even finding these pirates, and I have never had a bunch of pirates come to me (instead, I have to go to them). Also, these pirates are a piece of cake to kill. Laser down their shields and shoot a missile to destroy them. Rinse and repeat, then scavenge for the supplies left.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Go on the wiki and learn some tips, then build up your experiance.

Everyone has this problem when new to this game, you need to put some time ito your ships, and eventually pirates will be like flies.