Player model for build mode

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was thinking that they should add a floating camera with a materializer attached to the player's position during build mode. I was thinking it could be a translucent glowing blue robot looking thing. It would be made of light or something, so it would still be able to no clip through walls. Plus for RP you could change the model into a ghost or something. Creepy ghosts haunting my abandoned station! ahh!

You could disable it too, although I don't know why you'd want to.

Guide bot from descent 2

Reactions: NeonSturm

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    So if you remember a couple updates ago there was a bug where if you were in build mode in a station the wireframe box was around you. I was kind of excited at first (except it was really distracting) because I had thought that schema had added that as a model to indicate where you were in build mode. That way if multiple people are working in the same entity they can see where each other are at more clearly. I think it would need to be a different color for players (maybe randomized for each unique player) but it would be a simple way to display where others are at. It would just need to be invisible to the player "inside" that wireframe, so as not to be distracting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    But in the buildmode you can go through masive walls.
    Should it be a kind of holo Cam that could do so?

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Why not a hologram of the player's current skin? (I understand that it's possible to do that already in normal astronaut mode)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Why not a hologram of the player's current skin? (I understand that it's possible to do that already in normal astronaut mode)
    That'd look kind of weird, don't you think?