Player abilities.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Player abilities.

I was thinking that we should give the player (Astronaught) better abilities?
    For example;

>Holding shift while as an astronaught would alow you to travel at higher speed (like build mode) but would deplete power from the power meter (That's always just empty when you're in astro mode) would slowly recharge at maybe the same rate as one power block ?

>The ability to tilt like ships can whilst holding ctrl. I'm sick of not being able to enter a 1x2 door because my ship is tilted 3 degress to the left. I think that holding ctrl and moving the reticle (like on ships) should tild the astronaught too.

>Magnetic boots. Maybe, with the cost of power, like in my faster travel idea, the player could active mag boots and walk for a short time on hull like they are under the influence of gravity, but without activating a gravity block. This might be useful if someone can't get to a gravity block and wants to walk inside a ship.

>Personal sheilding. This one is a little silly, maybe, but I think that at extreme cost from a shop the player should be able to buy a 'personal sheild unit' from the store and it will give the astronaught sheilds like a ship that would drain down under fire. They obviously wouldn't be too powerful, but I think that it would help against the handheld pistols players now carry as well as maybe giving the player a chance if seperated from they ship amongst Pirates or whatever.

And if the Devs didn't want to give the player all these at once, maybe the upgrades could be purchased from the store/different teirs of space-suit could be added, each more expensive and better looking than the last.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Holding W+E makes you move faster and jump further, but perhaps not as fast as what you\'re thinking about.

I agree with the need to tilt the player, I often have the same problem and end up having to dismantle parts of my ship to enter just because the ship is tilted.

Magnetic boots... Not that necessary, just place a gravity block near the entrance. Still, I don\'t see why magnetic boots would be a bad thing.

Personal shield would probably makes handheld lasers less annoying, so why not.

Reaction score
    Well with the faster movement, if I ever need to get anywhere but I don\'t have my ship for some reason I just place down a ship core. Its much faster then floating and all you need is the core that\'s why I make sure to carry a few on me.

I think everyone can agree that we need to able to tilt while floating around, can\'t tell you how many times I had to break down the door to get through.

I don\'t see any use for the boots honestly, I make sure to place wells everywhere on my ships, mostly at doors and airlocks into the ship.

With the laser guns, I don\'t see why we can\'t also have shields I fully approve of this idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    +1 Magnetic boots would allow for gravity on an enemies ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think it\'s a great idea, I\'m sick of having to go to my Ship in Astronaut mode and being so slow (travelling 2k meters in Astro. is very annoying)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A way to tilt whilst in zero gravity would be useful when building ships that fully take advantage of 3 dimensional space... And a sprint toggle dependant on the suit\'s power reserves seems plausible to me, perhaps more a in-zero-gravity thing as any force in zero gravity can push you indefinately, although even in a gravity field would be pretty cool.